Traded my pair of Red Texas Cichlids for....

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
Unfaded Red Texas female

Male Red Texas

So over the weekend I ended up trading my 5" Unfaded Female Red Texas & my 6" Male Red Texas cichlids for 3 juvenile Festae cichlids. The biggest Festae is around 3" and is starting to resemble a male, and the 2 smaller 2" Festae's are really starting to color up and appear to be female. Currently I have the 3 Festae cichlids in my 45 gallon long tank 48"x12"x19" as a grow tank, then once they get bigger and the male chooses which female he wants, they'll be moved into my 100 gallon tank 72"x19"x19".

Then this coming spring I can invest in a 150 gallon tank....

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
Well for one they were both ordered from GrandAquatic.com which is known in Thailand for the selection of fish they export... For 2 the male who is in a tank with darker substrate, but he is actually a beautiful gold color (skin color, not pearling) when the tank used to have sand as substrate. GrandAquatic uses Synspilum cichlids for the breeding of their Red Texas cichlids.

Anyways, pics of the Festae will be posted today!!!!

Reactions: Ihsnshaik

xxUnRaTeDxxRkOxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Denver, CO.
Red Texas cichlid is a relative term that's used when a Texas cichlid displays any sort of red coloring, there no real species name for Red Texas, just as Flowerhorns. Yes with Flowhorns there is the subclass given to them like Red Dragon, ZZ, Kamfa and so on... However there's people "attempting" to create their own "line" with new subclass name for a Flowerhorn that they are attempting to create by breeding with other species of fish with different Flowerhorn types.

Since I brought up breeding lets discuss it with Red Texas; When breeding lets say a male Red Texas cichlid with a female Green Texas cichlid, no matter how many times they've spawned there is always going to be some fry that do not appear as Red Texas cichlids however because the "father" was a Red Texas these fry are termed as Unfaded Red Texas Cichlids.

Even if you successfully breed male and female Red Texas Cichlids there's still fry that will not have the coloring red trait that the parents have. The same goes for Electric Blue Jack Dempsey such as "a" normal looking Jack that carries the blue gene when you breed it with another blue gene some of the fry with not have the blue gene look or trait.

So why is a Unfaded Red Texas called just that, no one knows except the person who decided to give it the name of Unfaded Red Texas...

Reactions: Ihsnshaik
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store