train baby bass on flake food?

x80124

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2008
florida
Would be ideal if I could, they are about 1 inch and are eating shrimp at the moment. Anyone have luck getting them to eat flake food?

xspainx69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2007
Queens,NY
x80124;1650912; said:
Would be ideal if I could, they are about 1 inch and are eating shrimp at the moment. Anyone have luck getting them to eat flake food?

You would be better off if you can get them on artificial food. But start now!

Otherwise if they get used to feeders, it will be really hard to get them off. Sometimes you never get them off.....

A friend of minre attempted give me different methods of getting my 6 inch Largemouth Bass off of live food and onto pellet food.

Let me tell you all something.....Largemouth Bass are smart! These fish are probably the most highly intelligent fish I have ever kept. This little beast can see from across the room me holding the bag with the goldgish feeders in it and he starts spazzing out and chomping his mouth in excitement.:ROFL:

I tried tricking him into pellets and he knows the difference...He is not dumb at all. This isn't like training your dog to take a treat when it hears a little bell go off. Largemouth Bass can visually identify the objects in front of them and distinguish everything.

My next move is to grab a goldfish feeder and stuff his down his throat massive pellets and then throw him in the tank and watch him instantly get eatin by the Bass.:naughty:

Hopefully he falls for it :screwy::ROFL:

fatherof5

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2007
WISCONSIN
Haven't tried baby LMB but i have gotton my 2 larger bass to eat pellets, it would be wise to get them to eat pellets at this stage i am just not sure about the flake, good luck if you do and let us know.

Viet_TL

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Toronto
same thing here im feeding all my sunfishes and RB pellets except for these 2 yellow perch

MicropterusSalmoides

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2006
the future
x80124;1650912; said:
i personally would keep em on live until atleast 4" they will get that size in no time

x80124

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2008
florida
thanks, they seem to show no interest in anything except bloodworms and shrimp at the moment! Flake food will land on them and they wont even flinch, haha. I'm pretty sure they will never eat flake food. I've not tried pellets but will certainly give it a shot!
:cheers:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store