Triggerfish

jordanlewis100

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2006
Kent,UK
hi i would start with either a black/blue(O.Niger) or a picasso but the blue gets larger at over 12",but they take a long time to get that large,picasso's stay somewhere between 8"-12" so a 48"x18"x18" for one on it's own would be ok but larger is always better,nigers really need 60"x24"x24" or larger

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
IMO it should be frowned against, but if you did decide on it, make sure you look at the base size of the tank. Give him plenty of room and you should be okay, but I think you should go larger, especially if anything else is to be kept with the picasso.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
yes, if you run a search on it they usually recommend anywhere from 70-125 gallons. I would think that a 48 inch lenght and atleast 16-18 inch front to back depth should be fine. Adding a sump will be great as well, so i would get the tank drilled. This will add the better options for filtration and allow you to run a massive skimmer on it. That will keep your tank appearence clean and help keep the fish healthy.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
water quality and feedings lol. The tank water needs to be healthy so the fish is less stressed. Proper conditions also support the amount of trace elements the fish need to grow. Good mixed diet is also essential. Large pieces of squid and fish meat are good for one day feedings, alternating between the two will be good for him. And then of course a mix of brine and flakes are a good option as well while hes under 5". After 5" start looking at some pellets and such. Nothings better then a gut loaded feeder shrimp though and if you have the money, that would not be a bad treat once a week.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store