Tsing's 180 - WIP

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Amazing work...equally amazing that you take so many in-process pics to document.

Read through the whole thing, tried to understand each pic, and the entire time I had in the back of my mind...WWFFS?

What Would Father Fish Say? :)

• Haha
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SingAlongWithTsing

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Inland Empire
Amazing work...equally amazing that you take so many in-process pics to document.

Read through the whole thing, tried to understand each pic, and the entire time I had in the back of my mind...WWFFS?

What Would Father Fish Say? :)
Idk who that is lol.

----------

Bad news: 5 days after planting some of the buce started dropping their leaves

Ngl seeing the red ones fall was kinda soul crushing lol

Could be cuz I took too long to fill the tank or cuz it's basically from transferring from the old tank to the new one.
About 40% of the substrate is old aqua soil.
Maybe the tank didnt finishing cycling as fast as I thought it would even with all the media from the old set up?
They went from being in 160 PAR to about 300 (guess-timate, will double check later).
Dosing routine is still the same Tropica Clone mix that I've been using for 2+ years.

Got my Hydros Pro pack in the mail today

I screwed up and didnt think about thick the XP8 would be when I was building the box lol

Luckily all I had to do was take a flush-cut to shorten the power brick support bracket and move the the front panel back by like 1.5"

Installed some cabinet lights too

Used some left over ABS for the door stop portion, no more banging the back of my head on the sharp end of some L brackets lol

Some readings from the Hydros APP

That's my end of day pH. Still have to degas a cup of tank water to see what my pre-CO2 injection pH is.
And yeah the temp is accurate, I have to figure out how to get fans to blow across the access holes but the brace is getting in the way.
The Jebao EP-10000M surprisingly performed weaker than I thought, this was at the full 100%. Idk if it's cuz of all the fittings, the long run on the right end, or cuz of that weird double elbow joint I had to make between the sump and manifold.

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Sorry about the Buce's. Hopefully they will come back, but as you know, they can take a long time. I have not given them a fair try, just a couple of times of small plants, which did not do well for me.
Your tank setup is awesome!

SingAlongWithTsing

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Inland Empire
Think this was all like 3+ weeks ago
Changed the plumbing going into the manifold, think I only got an 5%~8% improvement on flowrates

Plumbing the reactors to the main return pump

Some time last week

Buce's recovering

Rotala H'Ra or colorota? trying to carpet

Plants from my emmersed tubs finished converting
Bacopa Caroliniana

Limonphila (Hopefully its hippuroides lol)

Some messy shots at my 8~9pm setting

Lot of stems are leaning over on the left side, gonna have to figure out what's up with that later. Idk if my lights are too strong or the flow rate is too high.

Hardware side:
Im glad I set up the coralvue hydros stuff, wouldnt have noticed my Burkert 6011 solenoid wasnt working correctly.

Not sure how the negative side got burnt but it's been 8 years too.
Have a new clippard DV 2M-12 coming in the mail but it might take around 10 days according to clippard.

Misc stuff:
Put together a plastic shed to shove all my old aquarium stuff in there.

Built a wood rack and tablesaw outfeed table too

Gonna be using the the outfeed table to build the side cabinets for the rest of the room.

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Great build and detailed posts was a very fun read!!

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SingAlongWithTsing

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Inland Empire
Some random progress shots

Built some cabinets

And yeah moved the hydros system to the top of the cabinet cuz the former control box area under the stand was getting a bit cramped, plus i was worried about the heat building up in there.

Not too sure about what to do with the 22 gallon rimless; I know it's gonna be low tech though. Might get a fijicube AIO overflow filter and dunk it in there cuz I dont like the look of a HOB filter being on there. The UNS Delta 90 I might consider cuz it'll blend in with the white wall.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store