TSN

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter

Collected them for many years... id say out of an easy 50+ specimen... 2 i had were out of the norm... pretty low odds lol... most were obtained 5-8yrs ago also. I think the odds are even lower these days for not recieving a p. faciatum/faciatum hybrid...I feel like thats all i see anymore aside from the true p. corruscans wes brought in a cple yrs ago now. Hard to weed out any gems when there small, with all the farming theres lots of variances and body deformities that make u think uve got something special... i guess i got tired of only raising faciatum after the 3-5ys to even get them to size for i.d. lol... Best believe i wont miss the chance for p. corruscans if Wes brings them in again, until then, ill quietly comb the imports until i see what i think is different and hope for the best. 2 many projects over here lately...looking forward to the day i can hoard cats again lol :)

Reactions: vincentwugwg

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
So what your overall conclusion?

Out of 50 TSN:

-- 48 fasciatum or fasciatum hybrids and
-- only 1 (supposed) reticulatum and
-- only 1 (supposed) tigrinum?

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

I didn't know you went through that many, thought ~25-30. Ok, I stand corrected. One needs to collect 1000 TSN, not 100. And exclude all the deformed ones!

Now that's a project not for the faint of heart.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
So what your overall conclusion?

Out of 50 TSN:

-- 48 fasciatum or fasciatum hybrids and
-- only 1 (supposed) reticulatum and
-- only 1 (supposed) tigrinum?

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

I didn't know you went through that many, thought ~25-30. Ok, I stand corrected. One needs to collect 1000 TSN, not 100. And exclude all the deformed ones!

Now that's a project not for the faint of heart.
Yup atleast 50...48 faciatum/hybrids and only 2 out of the norm aside from physical deformities, i will add all the deformed ones were def faciatum also.. I had hopes of getting something different every time, was decieved alot by juvi colors/patterns before i learned/watched them change so much into the same. I prob bought around 20 myself over the yrs and had the other 30 "donated"... was not uncommon 2 have people bring over 2-3 at a time when i had my 12' pool up. Largest running group i had at once together was 17 lol... all 12"-24"ers. They destroyed alot of fish haha :) and schooled in the current. Once a few emerged from the pack to surpass 28"-30" they started eating each other and #'s dwindled down to a pack of 6-8 that i kept for more than a few yrs. So not that unreasonable to have had 50, some are still around, some were consumed and alot of others rehomed when they grew to 18-20" and displayed traits of what i deemed faciatum.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store