TSNxLei, I think. Could it be P. corruscans?

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
He doesn't say he caught it. He said he bought it.
Yes. Thank you. But why would you think I implied the fish was caught?

The only mention of a wc hybrid in this thread has to do with the scientific paper and the photo I borrowed from there.

Everything else was bought, of course.

I thought it needed no explanation.

By "strikes" I mean the ID woes people go through because this fish is advertized usually under some made up names or worse of all as a TSN species P. corruscans or spotted TSN.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

HELIOX

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2011
The Fish Room
Im a lurker here for a few years now....and just recently got the chance to add a corruscans to my collection of tsns.

Being so rare to find, I feel the responsibility to share some of the observations and learnings I have to the community....

The corruscans looks like a fasciatum, long nose profile from the top. When side by side with a punctifer, viewed from above, I find the nose longer, while the punctifer's look wider and short much like reticulatum.

I dont have a fasciatum nor a reticulatum, so Im comparing to fishing pictures and videos from their respective countries.

I only have 3 punctifers, a corruscans and a tigrinum.

They're exported from Argentina and can cost quite a bit.

Behaviorally, they like to school with my punctifers, Im assuming since they're from the same fasciatum clade. Staying on the sides of the tank rather than boldly staying in the center. In contrast my tigrinum who boldly stay in the center area of the tank. Behaviorally, I think they enjoy being huddled together.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Im a lurker here for a few years now....and just recently got the chance to add a corruscans to my collection of tsns.

Being so rare to find, I feel the responsibility to share some of the observations and learnings I have to the community....

The corruscans looks like a fasciatum, long nose profile from the top. When side by side with a punctifer, viewed from above, I find the nose longer, while the punctifer's look wider and short much like reticulatum.

I dont have a fasciatum nor a reticulatum, so Im comparing to fishing pictures and videos from their respective countries.

I only have 3 punctifers, a corruscans and a tigrinum.

They're exported from Argentina and can cost quite a bit.

Behaviorally, they like to school with my punctifers, Im assuming since they're from the same fasciatum clade. Staying on the sides of the tank rather than boldly staying in the center. In contrast my tigrinum who boldly stay in the center area of the tank. Behaviorally, I think they enjoy being huddled together.
Thanks bro. This is precious but being buried here in my obscure thread, your info would not get the exposure it needs and deserves. I'd recommend you start a thread and paste your post in there and come back, pretty please, with pictures and updates.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store