Turtle and arowana?

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
The wild diet of FRT includes fish so I wouldn't really mix them with anything.
I've seen them take chunks out of rays and even aro's..

SimonL

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Depends on the turtle, but my FRT will murderize anything big and slow like an aro. She also a radar for my coolest fish, and has mauled a green aro, hammerhead catfish, cuban gar and several African aros....Now lives with a bunch of community fish that are too small to catch.

My lil' snakeneck however gets on great with fish bigger than him.

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
SimonL;3392520; said:
Depends on the turtle, but my FRT will murderize anything big and slow like an aro. She also a radar for my coolest fish, and has mauled a green aro, hammerhead catfish, cuban gar and several African aros....Now lives with a bunch of community fish that are too small to catch.

poor Aros :cry:

henward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
how bout snake neck turtles.

im from new zealand, we dont get pig nose turtles, if we did i would have one dedicated to one tank alone lol
i love turtles.
i also like snake necks, but am wondering if i could mix it with aros.
supposedly they are not that aggressive, anyone here kept them before?

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
SimonL;3392520; said:

henward did you not read that?

Iron Buddha

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
St. Louis
So snake neck might do better with fish that are bigger than them...but.....how big do snake necks get? And we know that the pignose don't need docks, being totally aquatic...but do the snake neck turtles need docks?

dodo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2007
Canada
I have a 12 inch FRT with datnoids, arowana, flagtail, severum, black barred dollars.....

Its a hit and miss ....

From my personal opinion and i am referring to a 12 inch FRT (i think my frt is around 12 inches or so:

No other bottom dwellers such as ray or bichir or pleco

very fast moving fish but if the FRT gets them, they are dead

or very thick fish such as my 14 inch Flagtail. FRT are very slow and for them to maul the body of a thick fish will be hard given how big frt can open their mouth.

Again, its very risky. For me, i decided to take the risk and monitor closely

SimonL

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Ontario, Canada
So snake neck might do better with fish that are bigger than them...but.....how big do snake necks get? And we know that the pignose don't need docks, being totally aquatic...but do the snake neck turtles need docks?
They are almost totally aquatic, mine doesn't have a "dock" (wouldn't come out even when he had one). Size depends on the species, some get quite large.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store