Turtle question...?

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
This might be considered a silly question but I really am wondering, how do fully aquatic turtles sleep in your tank since they are always in water???

:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:

KILLERKOI

Feeder Fish
Jan 6, 2006
DIRTY JERSEY
www.recdir.com
hey guys heres another question , could i get away with having a baby turtle about 2 1/2'' round in a 55g swiming around with tropic comunity fish if i lower the water level and add a small plastic lilly pad thet it can climb on????

reptileguy2727

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Northern Virginia
painted turtles are fully aquatic, although not solely aquatic like a few species. not fully aquatic would be semi-aquatic, and that is something more like a wood turtle that needs half land and half water. mine just sleep on the bottom eyes closed, head and legs pulled in to the shell mostly, sometimes they sleep on the driftwood right under the surface of the water. in general you should assume that whatever is in the tank with a turtle, will become turtle food, and a turtle tank should be designed around the turtle, not around fish and then modified to accomidate a turtle.

reptileguy2727

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Northern Virginia
the turtle will outgrow them and you would be VERY suprised at what they can catch, kill , and eat. i know i have been on multiple occassions.

KILLERKOI

Feeder Fish
Jan 6, 2006
DIRTY JERSEY
www.recdir.com
reptileguy2727 said:
the turtle will outgrow them and you would be VERY suprised at what they can catch, kill , and eat. i know i have been on multiple occassions.
Thanks dude on the info i really wanted them mostly as a eyecatcher in my tank something that would stand out like a turtle but now i guess i definetitly have to rethink it and find somethink else :thumbsup:

reptileguy2727

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Northern Virginia
what kind of fish do you have? what kind of filtration?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store