two nice pleco pics

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
You mean this Ranger Pleco? :eek:

I've imported them before, but unfortunately after people do research and find out they look alot like mini Gibby Pleco, they pass on purchasing it.. The cool pattern is only a juvenile thing.

RangerPleco.jpg

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
well to me, that looks nothing like my gibby, and the round tail. is def not something you see in every pleco

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Oh, and they are TINY when they come in with the cool pattern..

That one in the 2nd picture is a smaller one, looks like they have alot of color variants as juvies.. or the pattern just changes rapidly between 1cm-4cm..

RangerSize.jpg

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Miles said:
You mean this Ranger Pleco? :eek:

I've imported them before, but unfortunately after people do research and find out they look alot like mini Gibby Pleco, they pass on purchasing it.. The cool pattern is only a juvenile thing.
Good to know... but the pictured pleco has a different body coloration... can you get in some of those, or know if that is just the juvy color for a more common name....?

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
And it has been determined they have a number of color and pattern variants as juvies.. As you would notice on planetcatfish ;)

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Miles said:
Oh, and they are TINY when they come in with the cool pattern..

That one in the 2nd picture is a smaller one, looks like they have alot of color variants as juvies.. or the pattern just changes rapidly between 1cm-4cm..
Actually the one to the left of your finger, has similar coloration. I think your right, just a lot of color variation.

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Miles said:
No, your not understanding me.. When you they get to adults they look like Gibbys kind of.. Heres the link. Notice XoticAquatix has a picture for a juvie :)

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/loricari/glyptope/1295_6.PHP
I've heard that before, and don't doubt it at all. Just look at juvie orangeseams... they loose the color in there tail.. when they are big, they have more of a light yellow seam... COMMON NAMES SUCK!

kuteboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2006
PHILIPPINES
Thanks for sharing those awesome pix sir!!! hope one day i could have those plec's :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store