U.S.A Black Stingray Drawing 10-21 to 10-31 Register HERE!

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
ill be getting my 3 tickets on friday...cant wait.... glad to see you went with the donation of surplus funds route.

ill reread it, but was shipping included? i didnt see it in there but i would asume it was with the " anything about ray and shipping cost will donated."

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Don't want to ruin the fun, but is it legal to run an online raffle? In most states that is considered gambling. The person selling the tickets should check the laws in their state.

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Don't want to ruin the fun, but is it legal to run an online raffle? In most states that is considered gambling. The person selling the tickets should check the laws in their state.
True but what about a not for profit raffle which this is? Trevor is not making a profit and the proceeds are going to benifit MFK.

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
True but what about a not for profit raffle which this is? Trevor is not making a profit and the proceeds are going to benifit MFK.
In order for not for profit organizations to run raffles, they must be registered with the state in which they occur. You also need a permit from the state and town in which the raffle is being held. Here is a good read on what is required in the state of NJ: http://blogs.duanemorris.com/duanem...ry/seven_things_every_charitable_organization
All states have different rules. Check with your state government.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Can't speak for MI but in my state you don't have to register with the state. As long as all proceeds above the cost of the prize/prizes goes to the cause stated in the rules and not into pocket as a profit. And of course prizes are awarded accordingly. Which I have no doubt Trev will do. Churches and organizations run them all the time around here. Let a good thing roll, its for a good cause and isn't hurting anyone.:confused:

stanley69

Banned
Jul 30, 2012
usa
Nothing wrong with making profit that's why this idea come up for sure it will make a lot no limit ticket and still hold drawing if ticket sale don't reach to ray cost,, but this is great op too bad I don't have 100 post,, good luck everyone

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store