Underappreciated Parachromis

HerCrenVie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2007
Singapore
Loisellei receive so much hate. Here's my pair, got them a few days ago. They are both pretty beat up from the previous owner's arowana and managuense and they've been liplocking as well hence the torn up lips on both. The female is a very nice pastel colour, almost orange, but the horrible phone pics and video don't show it. I sold my D700 last month so I no longer have a camera...

[YT]-5OrpCw8K2Y[/YT]

baldtaxguy

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2006
Hate is a strong word, but unappreciated is definately the case. Nice looking pair you have.

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
Ya, I don`t get it either. Maybe because they don`t get as large as Jags, dovi, etc.

I have noticed over the years that the more common a fish is the less respected they are. People always want something no one else has.

HerCrenVie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2007
Singapore
Hate is a strong word, but unappreciated is definately the case. Nice looking pair you have.
Well I've seen at least 3 different people on here openly say they dislike loisellei specifically.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, it's a cliche but the picture and video really do them no justice. I will post updates in this thread as they get in better shape and hopefully by then I'll have my new camera. Cheers guys

Gruff Master

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2009
St. Augustine, Fl
www.alexteralbury.com
Well I've seen at least 3 different people on here openly say they dislike loisellei specifically.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, it's a cliche but the picture and video really do them no justice. I will post updates in this thread as they get in better shape and hopefully by then I'll have my new camera. Cheers guys
You can also find three or more people having equal "hatred" in the more popular cichlids on this forum.

I agree. You have a pair of beautiful and healthy fish. Take good care of them and enjoy them.

Calihawk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Nice Loisellei pair there.

..but speaking of Parachromis, what do you think about Managuenses being kicked outta the group?

HerCrenVie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2007
Singapore
Nice Loisellei pair there.

..but speaking of Parachromis, what do you think about Managuenses being kicked outta the group?
Thanks! I really hope they spawn for me. I set up the tank to resemble what I think a little piece of lake Nicaragua would look like, with lots of big smooth rocks. My dream tank has always been a breeding pair of parachromis with their fry in a biotope tank. Heaven.

Not sure what you're referring to in the second part though. You mean you think managuense should be moved to another genus?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store