Underestimated my poly

dmcskoolkid

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
MD
Went into petco a few days ago to look for sand and saw a banded leporinus with chewed up fins so I thought it would do better at my house. It was 2" and 8$. Went upstairs for 10 minutes and came back down and noticed my lap looked like he was choking. Thought it was gravel at first then I noticed he looks how big the whole bottom of his body had become and sure enough I look around and the banded leporinus is nowhere to be found. The lap is 6". But it's mouth is not that big I saw him snatch for it once but didn't think he'd actually get him. It's just a little weird tank has 2" endli and 2.5-3" dat and that endli is a noodle. All pics taken on same day.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Looks like a fat sausage for sure now!

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Interesting man. I have a two small polys (sen and gold dust) probably 4 to 5 inches and am worried about adding them to the bigger tank have a 12 inch lap 7 or 8 in ornate, moke and del worried they may eat the little guys.

dmcskoolkid

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
MD
Well I'm having the same problem With this lap. I want to move him to a 90 where a 11.5" endli is housed. I did have a 7" ornate with a 13" WC ansorgii and endli now that I think about it. 4-5" my be kind of small though it's the girth that gets me as well I atleast want to beef him up.

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
In the begining when I had a albino and a delhezi with danios , slowly my danio started vanishing. One morning I was sleepless and was sitting next to aquarium with only aquarium night light on. Oh bouy danios was playing in circles and albino was waiting and all if a sudden lept on one danio and there you go. So ya moral of the story bichir will eat when its time ;)

dmcskoolkid

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
MD
Yeah I had open space on that gravel where I left food but I was a little worried at times. Yeah I learned my lesson no more of there vulnerable fish with the polys.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store