UNDERstocked Tanks

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
I have a female betta in a 29g. All my other tanks are not overstocked but are full.

Cecropia

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2008
US
125 gallon, 26bow, and 20L empty.

In all honestly it's because I'm lazy and don't want to set anymore up until I've moved.

One con in a 50 though? Sounds like you wasted alot of money.

*Apology* in advance for being trollbait.

squilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2009
California
I celebrate simplicity in tanks- especially the aspect of overcoming the urge to cram in color and activity. Giving fish their space to grow and explore is great. A lot of fish in a more "empty" system seem to eventually take advantage of a lack of competitors and a surplus of personal nooks and crannies to make into territories. It's fascinating to watch them develop this behavior over time. In the long run, it also saves money on food and medication, as well as less water changes need to be performed. (although I generally support a 10% weekly water change for most systems, regardless of how many fish are in it.)

n-e-w-land

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2009
United Kingdom
^ +1 rivers lakes and the ocean are understcked, most fish seem to me to be healthier and grow faster in understocked tanks.

Takes the stress away from manic water changes and the expense of huge filters.

Although I admit to not practising this method!:grinno:

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
250 gallon tank...........2 fish

DOVI

cchhcc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA USA
squilla;3762821; said:
I celebrate simplicity in tanks- especially the aspect of overcoming the urge to cram in color and activity. Giving fish their space to grow and explore is great. A lot of fish in a more "empty" system seem to eventually take advantage of a lack of competitors and a surplus of personal nooks and crannies to make into territories. It's fascinating to watch them develop this behavior over time. In the long run, it also saves money on food and medication, as well as less water changes need to be performed. (although I generally support a 10% weekly water change for most systems, regardless of how many fish are in it.)
Exactly!

Also, IMO I don't think more than one or two of the tanks mentioned here are actually overstocked! Hahah!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store