MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury

jesteratc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
Micco Florida
Sorry to keep everyone waiting for so long. Like most of you i dabble in a lot of things, and one of my main hobbies is Automotive. Ive been rebuilding my sr20det 240sx since February and typically when i get some free time that's what i work on.

But i have progress.

First the bad.
I had gotten some free silicone from work, i heard it was a little old but i thought, Meh free is better than me paying for it. So i used what i later found out was 6-7 year old already open Silicone. Bad Idea.

It never fully cured, and thus i had to remove it and start over. Also the silicone gummed up the glass and it takes forever to clean off with a razor blade.

Lesson Learned.

Ok, heres what you most likely want to see.

Above is when i was filling up the tank and making sure for no leaks, you can see all the old silicone still floating around in there, luckily i cleaned it all out after the video was taken.

Next is more or less finished looking tank. Although i imagine you can all see my major problem. I wish i could have foreseen this.

Heres a close up of the bottom entrance

Anywho, you can all see that the Dry zone is filling up with Moisture. No Bueno. My plan is to get a small glass cleaner, the magnetic kind, and stick some fabric on the internal one, then i can basically squigie the inside of the glass because it needs to be able to fit under my entrance/exit.

Also, i think i will need to install an Air Valve near the opening/exit. Right now when the pocket fills with Air it releases it in enormous amounts. Like Blooop, Bloooooop. The bubbles are quite noisy. If i install an air/bleeder system then i wont have that, but it has to be near the bottom of the air pocket, because i want the co2 out first.

Some of you may be wondering how i did my lighting.

I basically just made some thick book ends that hold up either end of my old Top of Tank light. I used to have 2 of them above my 60 Gallon, and i thought, hey. These are already paid for. So i put the light just about the divider section of my tank so as you wouldn't be able to see it looking through.

Well, thats all for now. It does work, and it does need some tweeking.

Thanks for Looking.

Andrew

jesteratc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
Micco Florida
Heres a video i took this morning. Tank Filter running, and Air Running. The bubbles are a lot quieter this morning for some reason they are releasing in smaller batches now. That is a good thing.

jesteratc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
Micco Florida
New Update. Basically on Friday i came home and my light was in the tank, and the dry zone was no longer dry. It was FILLED with water. Bummer oh well, lets see what happened.

Looks like my cat knocked my light into the tank and no bid deal. The Leak was due to a small air leak that happened around the front side of the divider. I drained it, dried it out and patched it. Its still holding after 24 hrs. Also a friend stopped by with a magnetic tank cleaner with a soft side to it. So i put that in and it allows me to squigie the tank when it gets foggy. Although the more i do it, the better it gets so we shall see.

Heres a pic of the Dry zone.

Maybe after some more testing ill dig a little river around it. Just to add something else i don't really need lol.

Heres a video of it all working properly. Just the tank isn't full of water yet.

Heres a bonus video. When i needed to patch my tank something i didn't expect happened. While i was draining it, the leak fixed itself because it was sucking in reverse. So i ended up getting a "Wet" zone in the tank, the exact opposite of what i originally wanted. But still was pretty cool. Heres the video

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store