Underwater pond camera

Stavfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2012
Arizona,USA
Hey guys. Looking to install an underwater camera or two in my outdoor pond .... Looking for day color and nighttime infra red / black and white viewing capabilities. I want this to be permanently affixed underwater and be able to view ls video on a screen and also over the Internet. Any suggestion ps for a good brand and where to purchase? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I'm just wondering how well something like the GoPro's would work for the OP's situation, since you would be leaving it on for A) 24 hours a day / 7 Days a week and B) how would you keep the camera charged? since i'm guessing you can't charge it while its underwater...

The rest i guess could work with the Wifi settings, where you could probably set it up to your home computer network somehow so you could view the fish at any time through the web?

Maxime

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2011
Canada eh!
Gopro wont work. It cant be used as a "webcam". Plus the battery is good for about an hour and a half.

The wifi functionality of the gopro is only for its remote as far as I know. You cant stream what you're filming over wifi for example.

Chris-Chicago

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2010
Chicago IL USA Earth
Some of the Koi Camera searches I did found products that were no longer sold. Some Security Video camera's have a "water Resistance" rating that should allow 1ft of depth and continous 7x24 operation, but I haven't found anyone who is actively using one and clearly indicating what brand and model it is....

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
It's going to be really hard/expensive to find a truly aquatic surveillance(essentially) camera. But I'm interested in the responses as I think it would be neat myself.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store