Unknown Death

santiagooo_

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hello, I am only 16 years old so please don't get mad at me if I made any obvious mistakes or anything like that please.
What Happened
Around a week and a half ago, I ordered 6 Electric Blue Acaras, 2 Firemouths, and 2 Plecos from PetSolutions (My dad wanted 2 Acaras for his 90 gallon and I was going to keep 4 for breeding). For about a week, everyone looked healthy, I didn't see signs of sickness or anything, till 3 days ago, I noticed that one of the Acaras would sleep the whole day and would only wake up when I feed them. Then 2 days ago, I noticed a different Acara had little white spots everywhere on his fins and body, I'm thinking this was the ick. Then yesterday, when I came home from football practice, I noticed 3 of my Acaras were dead. I was shocked, I called my dad, and he told me that they were still alive when he was there 10 minutes before I got there, so I searched up possible ways they could've died, none of them made sense to my situation. Then, this morning when I woke up, I noticed that the other 3 Acaras died off too. It didn't make sense to me because they were fine 8 hours ago. The Firemouths are still alive and the Plecos are nowhere to be found.

Details
  • My aquarium is 46 gallons
    -3 feet long and is more square shaped than rectangle shaped so probably 3 feet high, IDK the width though
    -80-83F degrees
    -Aquarium was ran with filter for a week before fish was put in
    -Has a filter, heater, light, and a pump
    -Fake decorations such as wood, plants, and gravel
  • Acaras were 1-2 inches, Firemouths were 2-4 inches
    -Firemouths are still alive
    -Fed them one small pinch of cichlid crisps 3 times a day
    -One of the Firemouths would try to bully every fish in the tank, but the Acaras would fight back
  • Top of the water looks kind of soapy, which wasn't 24 hours ago
  • Ordered online from PetSolutions
I really want to know how they died so I don't make the same mistake again. Also, if the 14-day refund for PetSolutions is expired, I'm thinking of getting a Flowerhorn. Do you think ONE Flowerhorn ALONE as a wet pet will be fine? I'm planning to have 2 filters set-up in the aquarium to deal with his bio-load (I think that's what they call it). Also, I did a size test with a circular food plate (12 inches) and realized that the Flowerhorn WHICH WILL BE ALONE WITH NOTHING IN IT will still have lots of space.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store