unknown death?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
recently my tiger moray passed away and i’m very confused on why, when i picked up his corpse he seemed really lackluster in color with the middle of his body being a bit grey but the tail and head still being yellow. he was eating fine before the death and nothing that i know of could have caused it, help?
Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: kno4te

shern

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2023
California
this is possible, he had no appetite though and sometimes when i spit fed him he just refused to eat even if it was bloodworms.

shern

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2023
California
the morays been in the tank for 4 months? i had a flagtail, delhezi bichir,silver aro and a ntt datnoid in the tank, all significantly smaller than the eel and posed no threat in the many instances i’ve seen the eel out and them together

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
the morays been in the tank for 4 months? i had a flagtail, delhezi bichir,silver aro and a ntt datnoid in the tank, all significantly smaller than the eel and posed no threat in the many instances i’ve seen the eel out and them together
If you decide to get another tiger moray ask the vendor if the eel is eating and what their feeding it. Also suggest hideout like pvc or rocks.

shern

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2023
California
If you decide to get another tiger moray ask the vendor if the eel is eating and what their feeding it. Also suggest hideout like pvc or rocks.
i asked last time and that’s how i got the info that they were on bloodworms, my 250g has too many hiding spots already , here’s a pic. i’ve drilled into the wood so it’s mostly hollow and they can hide in there with multiple exits, they also often hide behind my filter vent and the heater, there are also some spots in the sand i’ve seen them in. i think the hiding spots are sufficient.

View attachment IMG_1944.jpeg

Trouser Bark

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2022
my 250g has too many hiding spots already

I would not consider that to be too many hiding spots. Not even close.

i would also have a tough time suggesting that any eel may have died from not having had enough hiding spots. Below is a pic of one of my tanks set up for occupants that like (and to my understanding have to have) a lot of hiding spots.

IMG_6850.jpeg

90% WC's for that tank every day this week. Tannins are a booger and it seems like I might as well change the water as opposed to checking the pH and then changing the water.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store