unofficial fish of the week artwork

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
It's been ages since I did any diddling with my crayons. I started a Christmassy picture last December but never got round to finishing it, so over the past couple of days I've finished it off. Not fish related this time, more festive, very apt at this time of the year. Ho Ho Ho, and a merry Xmas from old Esox from Blighty!!

IMG_20221211_120648_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221211_173202_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231217_151911_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231218_181514_HDR.jpg

This guy pretty much reminds me of what jjohnwm jjohnwm would look like as he trundles off into the Canadian wilderness in -30°C temps, after all, he does have a penchant for daft hats!! Lol.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
This guy pretty much reminds me of what jjohnwm jjohnwm would look like as he trundles off into the Canadian wilderness in -30°C temps, after all, he does have a penchant for daft hats!! Lol.
Okay, now I'm offended. I mean, the hat's not daft, but I never have such an insipid smile on my face...:)

I love the Hornbill and the unfinished snake! Not sure how I lost track of this thread; if you hadn't tagged me for insult purposes, I might not have even seen these newer posts. :)

Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
but I never have such an insipid smile on my face...:)
That is the exact smile I envisage you'd have on your face if you ever came across one of those old diver bubble guys that you used to have. And maybe a few tears streaming down your rosy cheeks too!! Lol.

It's over a year ago that I last posted on this thread. When I came to revisit it I couldn't find it for love nor money. It took ages searching through a load of my old content before I found it!

And how the hell did such a thread regarding artwork originally get posted in the sub forum, "support and defend Monsterfish keepers.com"!!!! No wonder I struggled finding it, lol.

Reactions: jjohnwm

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
That is the exact smile I envisage you'd have on your face if you ever came across one of those old diver bubble guys that you used to have. And maybe a few tears streaming down your rosy cheeks too!! Lol.
Lol, tears would be reserved for finding that actual ornament which has likely been melted down and recycled into some forgettable piece of Dollarama kitchenware or maybe a polyester fleece sweater.

But the smile...I dunno, maybe...

If I looked like that it would be entirely because I found an identical diver...I've seen lots of similar ones, different poses, larger, etc but would only buy the exact same type in the original orange colour!...and then realized how much my wife would hate the fact that I got another one.

Ya know...I'm starting to think that it was a mistake to confide in you about that thing...:)

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Ya know...I'm starting to think that it was a mistake to confide in you about that thing...:)
That's exactly why I'm here John....for you buddy....when you most need a shoulder to cry on, old Esox is close by to soak up any lingering past devastation you care to unburden yourself with!

At the time you were spilling your guts regarding that stupid, cheap, pointless, worthless, broken plastic diver thingy you most cherished, I could feel the utter helplessness oozing from every letter you clumsily typed with those big fat sausages fingers of yours!

I was with you in that moment my friend, and tears were streaming down my face too, though that was through belly laughing too much!

And once you've unburdened yourself you know for sure that old Esox will never ever darken your door with repeated, tortuous reminders of the hell you had to endure!

Lol, I'm belly laughing again now!!

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
That's exactly why I'm here John....for you buddy....when you most need a shoulder to cry on, old Esox is close by to soak up any lingering past devastation you care to unburden yourself with!

At the time you were spilling your guts regarding that stupid, cheap, pointless, worthless, broken plastic diver thingy you most cherished, I could feel the utter helplessness oozing from every letter you clumsily typed with those big fat sausages fingers of yours!

I was with you in that moment my friend, and tears were streaming down my face too, though that was through belly laughing too much!

And once you've unburdened yourself you know for sure that old Esox will never ever darken your door with repeated, tortuous reminders of the hell you had to endure!

Lol, I'm belly laughing again now!!
Whew! That's a relief; I was afraid I had bared my soul to the wrong person....:)

I've explained this to you before, but I will repeat here: I only miss that diver because of its connection to my long-ago first tank. I know it was tacky! I kept it going because my wife hated it! To her it was a tasteless piece of plastic; to me it was a tangible link with the past and brought back all sorts of wonderful memories. My big mistake was removing it and setting it aside when re-doing a tank. I should have either put it immediately into another tank, or at least hidden it away in a drawer or box. When the heartless harpy chanced upon the poor little guy in the open, vulnerable and helpless...he was doomed! :(

But I have other ways to torment her. I use a large number of concrete drainage-pipe sections in various tanks as caves and hides; she hates those. I encourage snails in all my tanks; she abhors snails. I have a cool DIY ornament made of a Grolsch beer bottle, siliconed at a jaunty angle on a piece of ceramic tile and with a hole cunningly drilled in the bottom to which I run an airline. The tile is buried in the substrate...the airline is hooked up...and the Grolsch bottle bubbles merrily, 24/7 nonstop; she detests that. And, of course, I have several carefully cleaned animal skulls...a couple of antlered deer, a coyote, a shed antler...in various tanks as keynote decor pieces; she positively loathes those.

So, even without the diver...I'm good to go! :)

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Whew! That's a relief; I was afraid I had bared my soul to the wrong person....:)

I've explained this to you before, but I will repeat here: I only miss that diver because of its connection to my long-ago first tank. I know it was tacky! I kept it going because my wife hated it! To her it was a tasteless piece of plastic; to me it was a tangible link with the past and brought back all sorts of wonderful memories. My big mistake was removing it and setting it aside when re-doing a tank. I should have either put it immediately into another tank, or at least hidden it away in a drawer or box. When the heartless harpy chanced upon the poor little guy in the open, vulnerable and helpless...he was doomed! :(

But I have other ways to torment her. I use a large number of concrete drainage-pipe sections in various tanks as caves and hides; she hates those. I encourage snails in all my tanks; she abhors snails. I have a cool DIY ornament made of a Grolsch beer bottle, siliconed at a jaunty angle on a piece of ceramic tile and with a hole cunningly drilled in the bottom to which I run an airline. The tile is buried in the substrate...the airline is hooked up...and the Grolsch bottle bubbles merrily, 24/7 nonstop; she detests that. And, of course, I have several carefully cleaned animal skulls...a couple of antlered deer, a coyote, a shed antler...in various tanks as keynote decor pieces; she positively loathes those.

So, even without the diver...I'm good to go! :)
All I have to say is: smh (for whoever doesn't know what that means, it mean "shaking my head") LOL

• Haha
Reactions: jjohnwm

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
All I have to say is: smh (for whoever doesn't know what that means, it mean "shaking my head") LOL
Good idea! Give your head a good shake... :ROFL:

Meanwhile, I am reserving one of my sausage fingers...although, in reality, I have the hands of a concert pianist!...for communicating with Esox... :ROFL:

• Haha
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store