Upcoming Movies and TV shows

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I've never seen it. I've just looked it up and apparently the "national lampoon vacation" movies are a bit of a franchise. There are seven in total from 1983 to 2015. Your Christmas one is third in the list dating back to 1989.

Are they all interlinked, meaning do you need to watch them all in order to get the gist of them, or are they all stand alone unrelated films?
They're all centered around the Griswold family, with Clark Griswold (Chase) as the father. The ones I've seen...didn't realize there were 7!...are all stand-alones. If you have ever seen Chevy Chase, you already know all you need to know about the backstory. :)

You are in for a treat! :)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
A24 is an independent film studio that makes movies that are a bit more “out there” than the big studios usually go for. The two that I mentioned before are examples - and they’re the company that’s releasing the Civil War movie.
Ah...thanks for the info.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Hey jjohnwm jjohnwm , you're not going to believe this, I nearly choked on a walnut when I saw it.

Your little diver guy buddy, the one your missus threw in the garbage? Well I've seen him, he's on tele, and I can't believe you've watched national lampoon's christmas vacation and not seen him!

The Griswolds have a fish tank with fancy goldfish in and slap bang in the middle of the tank is your little guy merrily bubbling away!! I kid you not. It's at the 1hr 19min mark in the movie, check it out. Lol.

Great film by the way!

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Hey jjohnwm jjohnwm , you're not going to believe this, I nearly choked on a walnut when I saw it.

Your little diver guy buddy, the one your missus threw in the garbage? Well I've seen him, he's on tele, and I can't believe you've watched national lampoon's christmas vacation and not seen him!

The Griswolds have a fish tank with fancy goldfish in and slap bang in the middle of the tank is your little guy merrily bubbling away!! I kid you not. It's at the 1hr 19min mark in the movie, check it out. Lol.

Great film by the way!
Are you freaking kidding me???? :nilly:

I've watched that flick at least a dozen times...most recently less than a week ago...and never noticed that! Now, granted, it's become more-or-less a background element of our Christmas get-togethers, not something that we sit and study carefully...except, of course, when our favourite bits come up; stuff like the cat under the chair...the entire squirrel sequence...Clark's near-meltdown...the Xmas tree through the window...the exploding sewer...

Okay, yeah, I guess we do still watch it a fair bit, but I don't recall seeing the diver! Now I've gotta look through it and pay attention.

Maybe if I try something completely different this time, i.e. being sober while the movie plays...:)

Last edited:

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I've watched that flick at least a dozen times...most recently less than a week ago...and never noticed that
If I remember rightly the fish tank bit comes just moments before the squirrel scene. As soon as I saw the fish tank and your diver buddy I was that taken aback, almost choking on some nuts I was eating, I just had to pause the movie and write my post.

When I restarted the movie the squirrel scene seemed to come pretty quick after that.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I don't know if any of you guys have heard of a new drama series on Netflix called "Boy swallows universe". There seems to have been a lot of interest in it so I started watching it last week and just finished it last night.

It really is worth a watch, one of the best dramas I've seen in a while.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I don't know if any of you guys have heard of a new drama series on Netflix called "Boy swallows universe". There seems to have been a lot of interest in it so I started watching it last week and just finished it last night.

It really is worth a watch, one of the best dramas I've seen in a while.
Its a big deal here being an australian production, i saw the 1st episode and it seemed interesting.
It reminds me of an older aussie movie called "2 hands" which i think is much better. It even has some of the same actors, you should check it out.

Something Fishy Here

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2022
Newer, the planet earth 3 series just came out in November, but there was a nice long segment on one of the older planet earth series on the rift lakes. Yeah it showed it playing dead and catching fish.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store