UPDATE:Flowerhorn x Red Devil 6 1/2 months w/pics

l3gend504

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2005
Florida
Yeah i truly have some keepers, id say 4 in the tank are the top fish. Dont forget i still have a pond of about 40 more of them that I havent looked at in about 3 monthes. Those were the smaller ones or nearly killed ones from the tank. My friend still have a tank full of about 50 , so since he doesnt change the water as often his are still alot smaller.

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
You sold hybrid cichlids that can easily pass for Labiatus/Midas easily at a lfs? Not smart, but they look very nice by the way.

Anyways, reddevilflowerhorn, what did you buy yours labeled as?

l3gend504

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2005
Florida
2 of my top 4 fish paired up and laid eggs today. the red flowerhorn is the female and she has had the strongest colors out of the batch and completely peeled first, while the male has got some nice flowers and does not show any signs of peeling. does anyone know if the babies will turn out looking good if they are inbreed ?

IMAG0150.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

Mattyou

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Jax Fla.
Its a crap shoot, you could get some really nice looking fish out of this spawn, or a bunch of run of the mill oddballs. Keep posting pics please, I have a Red Devil Male and Female Flowerhorn that keep spawning as well as a Midas Male and Female Flowerhorn the have spawned 2 times so far. Wondering if I should seperate them all or leave them alone and see what happens.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store