update on gar fry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mampam

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2008
U.S.
rofl i never said there were no pikerel in florida...
i said there were none as far as i know in our lakes

i saw gar spawning there, they look like them, and they are GAR
their beaks are growing!!! and many are starting to swim

they do not look like pikerel, ive known what pikerel look like, like small pike!!
i went to the pikerel developement on the zipcode zoo website, and they look nothing like any of the larval pictures, but exactly like the gar pics
i have never even read about pickerel larvae attaching to anything, just the eggs

and i was researching the care of pikerel before gar, cause i wanted one till i realized we didnt have them, and if we do, ive never seen one

all the individuals look exactly the same, i saw gar spawning there, and just cause i caught them the day after doesn't mean i meant they are those gars young

i just realized something else, their top jaws overlap their bottom, unlike esox, if thats not enuf, then yall are just wack lol

im not gonna feel dumb when they grow up

city_of_evil6661

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
gainesville ga
Polypterus;1929764; said:
You can easily tell if they are a gar right now as the larval morphology is rather distinct... One can not tell that with blurry photos though..

i was trying to get the point over to him that there are pickeral in FL.

city_of_evil6661

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
gainesville ga
Mampam;1929926; said:
rofl i never said there were no pikerel in florida...
i said there were none as far as i know in our lakes

i saw gar spawning there, they look like them, and they are GAR
their beaks are growing!!! and many are starting to swim

they do not look like pikerel, ive known what pikerel look like, like small pike!!
i went to the pikerel developement on the zipcode zoo website, and they look nothing like any of the larval pictures, but exactly like the gar pics
i have never even read about pickerel larvae attaching to anything, just the eggs

and i was researching the care of pikerel before gar, cause i wanted one till i realized we didnt have them, and if we do, ive never seen one

all the individuals look exactly the same, i saw gar spawning there, and just cause i caught them the day after doesn't mean i meant they are those gars young

i just realized something else, their top jaws overlap their bottom, unlike esox, if thats not enuf, then yall are just wack lol

yes, you have pickerals in FL. and i never said they werent gar. i said 'how do you know they are'.

Mampam

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2008
U.S.
the top jaw overlaps to bottom, that should make prove they are gar

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Mampam;1931436; said:
the top jaw overlaps to bottom, that should make prove they are gar
regardless of what the fishes are, there's not a single one of your posts "that does not make prove" you've got nothing to contribute to the gar forum but nonsense.

good luck with the fish, whatever they are, but please try to post something productive in the near future, or don't post anything at all. and get those brine shrimp going...or gather zooplankton, because free-swimming gar larvae are no walk in the park--
--solomon

city_of_evil6661

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
gainesville ga
E_americanus;1931994; said:
regardless of what the fishes are, there's not a single one of your posts "that does not make prove" you've got nothing to contribute to the gar forum but nonsense.

good luck with the fish, whatever they are, but please try to post something productive in the near future, or don't post anything at all. and get those brine shrimp going...or gather zooplankton, because free-swimming gar larvae are no walk in the park--
--solomon
simply put.

CTU2fan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Port Orange, FL
I'd guess he'd need the brine whether they're gar or pickerel fry.

jag123

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 16, 2008
Ohio
From the looks of it, you may want to get some kind of filtration/aeration going in that tank as well. Stagnation is not good.

Mampam

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2008
U.S.
hey u, Mr. picky, (Esox) go the hell away, ur face is nonsense, i dont wanna hear dat

i dont give a damn if u dont like my posts, i ain' hear for you, im hear for
my GAR

as for someone else, what is the safest filter for fish this small???

ceeej31

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
New England
Mampam;1929926; said:
you should change that to "if they grow up", if they end up being gar than they will be very hard to raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store