Update on my cats

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
I've never seen the mega eat. even after dark he is always in a corner hiding when i come to look. I only know he eats because is belly looks full and he's growing nicely. Hate to do it but i leave food out overnight then clean out whats left in the morning just to make sure he eats. hopefully when he gets bigger he'll eat in front of me.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I'm so jealous that your irwini is eating like a pig....mine just won't grow. Anyone want to trade a regular irwini for one that is apparently stunted at 4 inches and lives in a 300 gallon lol.
I am currently growing out 6 of them. There is one that has been clearly growing the slowest, in 7 months from 2" to ~4.5" TL while the rest is at 7"-10" TL. IDK why. They all eat together in front of me. Sinking pellets. He eats less than all for some reason. He is on the bottom left:

Irwinis Jan 2013.JPG

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
No new cat pics today but i started my first DIY monster tank. Was planning to use an IBC tote but skipping that for a 4x8 build that should get me through a couple years. Hybrid has outgrown the mega now and the RTC is gaining rapidly. RTC is definitely the most aggressive feeder I've ever had. Whatever I put in to eat he's on it before it hits the tank bottom.

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
get some giants like a wels, piraiba, etc :)
Won't be long, I'm sure. I'm happy with what I have now but soon I'll start finding things to do near the LFSs and since I'm so close by I might as well stop in, and oh I haven't seen one of these little monsters in awhile, how much? Wow that's quite a deal, wait until I tell my wife how much money I saved today.

Probably won't be a wels or piraiba, but it'll be something for sure.

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
The urge got me. Picked up a TSN and probably getting a niger in a few days. Pic of TSN is terrible but I didn't want to mess with him and stress him out. he's about 5", the RTC is about 3.5"/4"and an absolute pig, hybrid is about 5.5" and the irwini is growing pretty slow, probably about 4.5." I'll get more pics of all soon.

Catfish Pownage 63

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2012
Arlington, WA
I am currently growing out 6 of them. There is one that has been clearly growing the slowest, in 7 months from 2" to ~4.5" TL while the rest is at 7"-10" TL. IDK why. They all eat together in front of me. Sinking pellets. He eats less than all for some reason. He is on the bottom left:
i want the big marbled lookin one up front:nilly: :drool:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store