Update on my Gold Saum male.

blue phantom

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2011
Denver, CO
They are simply that colourful! Mine is around the 6" TL. He is very bulky and still has the same body form as he did when he was smaller. Yours is very bulky, where did you get him? How big is he now?
He's 9" :D

blue phantom

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2011
Denver, CO
And you can call him fat, thats ok lol.

GrantA94

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2011
cumbria
Well i didn't want to say it and offend him or you. But yes he is fat! He is very blue! Is he naturally that colour or do you have blue lights?

xinchavoc

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2010
ca
Here is a pic of My male at about 5" and a video of him at 6.5" He was my favorite GT He had a big Hump and insane colors unfortunately I lost him.

Last Vid I took of him. Was taken after he had a fight with a 8.5" festae and came out on top.
[YT]Ht9TGmImQ-k&context=C48147c1ADvjVQa1PpcFPQ-6-w2HQQTpuogMY_UAoGOPJnJ0o5uWY=[/YT]

IMG_2043.JPG

GrantA94

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2011
cumbria
I have seen your thread on him 'taking over' shame he passed i would like to have seen him hit the 10"+ mark. I hope my male will reach that the 10" mark.

My female has recieved quite the beating off everything but the male, so i have seperated her from everyone in the hope she pulls through. They are the perfect couple, and i dont really fancy match making with my male.

blue phantom

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2011
Denver, CO
Well i didn't want to say it and offend him or you. But yes he is fat! He is very blue! Is he naturally that colour or do you have blue lights?
I have very bright natural daylight T12 bulbs. I also put the lights toward the front of the tank so the light hits them right, but honestly I've tried a few types of light since I've had him and he's always been pretty colorful.

GrantA94

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2011
cumbria
He certainly looks colourful!

My lfs has currently got some white saums, which are just staring at me, begging me to take them home. But i think this guy might end up killing them. I dont really have the funds or facilities to set up a grow out tank, and i think if i introduced them at a larger size he would likely see them as more of a threat. Decisions, decisions.

k0y0te

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2009
Florida
www.myspace.com
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store