Update On My Rays

darcy12877

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Here are my retics just thought i would post how they are doing, they're eating like pigs and growing alot!!! Also tell me what you think of my new discus they're blood pigeon and i got 3 of them for $40 each, I think this was a good deal, seeing how i barly come across discus here, over in Canada.

IMGP0664.JPG

IMGP0666.JPG

IMGP0668.JPG

IMGP0669.JPG

IMGP0674.JPG

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
looks good... I don't think they are blood pigeons though unless they are stressed they look completely different than my buddys

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Nice Rays.. looks like they have grown since your pic in your avatar..

Discus are over-rated :D

stingray man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
chicago
Ya i think ur discus are white butterflies (in the pegion blood family) good rays exactly how big are they.

And i think that discus are underrated

darcy12877

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Lol the pics of my discus were taken about the second day after I got them, so hopefully they colour up more. The discus are about 5 inches big and are white butterflies more expensive then regular blood pigeon's because ive never heard of them. Hopefully my rays will breed soon (i just love them!!!) , they're getting to be around breeding size the male is about 9-9.5 inches and the female is about half an inch smaller and I do a 30% water change about every 3 days. The only thing is, I dont think my male has fully grown claspers, the claspers are about 3/4 of an inch. I can clearly see them its just they arent as big as some of the other rays pics of claspers ive seen. Could it be he's just smaller there than other rays lmao, Are these long enough for breeding???

stingray man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
chicago
Idk about breeding size

But for discus white butterflies arent that much more i think the were selling for 30 at 3" and regualer pigeons for 25 at 3". But if they were just put in it could be stress just update the pics in about a week

stingray man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
chicago
stingray man;1355137; said:
Idk about breeding size

But for discus white butterflies arent that much more i think the were selling for 30 at 3" and regualer pigeons for 25 at 3". But if they were just put in it could be stress just update the pics in about a week
Here the first one is a white butterflie and the second is a normal
They have the same background but the white have more, well, white showing.
And there colors come to look like this when they are older

whitebutterfly.jpg

templatepigeonblood1.jpg

stingray man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
chicago
stingray man;1355137; said:
Idk about breeding size

here this is one of mine even one this color is in the pigeon blood family

IMG_1136.JPG

FISH4LIFE

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2007
Saturns 2nd Ring
Not to derrail or anything but where did you find your Discus from, i cant find any in Canada either

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
mature claspers curl so they can grip the female... my buddy has a retic that's about 11inch and its not mature yet....you still have some time... good luck though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store