UPGrading to 180g... Bowfront? Or Standard?

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
If the bowfront is a great deal then get it. You can always get a bigger tank on down the road if ya find a deal and then just resell the bowfront.

jr monster fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2007
Fox island wa
Go for the rectangle. Bowfronts always look fish look funky (imo), and It has less swimming space. The rectangle may be more of a sacrafice, but it will last you longer (size), and will look much better. Also, you wont have a possibility of a leak hanging over your head.

Cliff.W.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2010
Toronto, ON.
Bderick67;4191710; said:
If the bowfront is a great deal then get it. You can always get a bigger tank on down the road if ya find a deal and then just resell the bowfront.
That is definately a good idea getting the bowfront and then reselling after if anything. I've definately thought about it before... its just a pain in the ass to move such a big tank in and move the tank out when I resell.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Cliff.W.;4191749; said:
That is definately a good idea getting the bowfront and then reselling after if anything. I've definately thought about it before... its just a pain in the ass to move such a big tank in and move the tank out when I resell.
LOL, welcome to the world of Monster fish keeping. That tank would last you and your aro sometime. Plus your wants/needs will change over time so what you may think ya want now, could be something different later on. Thing with good deals is they aren't always there when ya need them and waiting for one can getcha into trouble.

Cliff.W.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2010
Toronto, ON.
Bderick67;4191794; said:
LOL, welcome to the world of Monster fish keeping. That tank would last you and your aro sometime. Plus your wants/needs will change over time so what you may think ya want now, could be something different later on. Thing with good deals is they aren't always there when ya need them and waiting for one can getcha into trouble.
Good Advice and very true. I guess I'll have a quick look at the standard tank and if the deal is very far off from the bow front then I'll just buy the bow front.

I'm sooo excited!!! :headbang2 If i get either tank I'm totally going to paint the background black. Is there a difference in base paint? like should i get gloss shine or without gloss??

I ALSO want to paint the bottom as well but there's 2 beams on the bottom thats part of the plastic frame. I dont suppose there's a way to remove it so i can paint the bottom? Would that be recommended??

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
Once you are looking at the paint through glass, gloss or matte finish doesn't make a big difference.

Cliff.W.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2010
Toronto, ON.
okay! So its final! I'm gonna go with the Bow Front 180g tank!!! =D The tank will be delivered this coming thursday night So its time for me to start making room and maybe throwing out some shi*.

OMFG! I'm soo excited! :headbang2:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2

I'm just not too sure as to what I'll need to do to move my RTG into new tank once its all painted and set up... I'm thinking once the tank is painted and everything is in place I'll fill the tank with water. bring it to temperature/ prime water and then hang the HOBS on it to start filtering. Once the HOBS are on, water at Temp and water primed... Does this mean my RTG can go into the tank??? Or am I missing a step here?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store