Uruguay Collecting Trip, March 2 to 12, 2015

fishfarm

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2006
Georgia
www.facebook.com
Tentative itinerary: Felipe and I will work out a more detailed one before the trip, always open for suggestions
March 2, Arrive in Montevideo and drive to Salinas for lunch, load van and drive to Rosario for night
March 3 collect Rio Rosario drainage (new area!) Night in Rosario
March 4 collect on road to Mercedes, 4 new drainages. Night in Mercedes
March 5 collect the lower Rio Negro drainage (several new streams) night in Guichon
March 6 collect Rio Quequay drainage night in Guichon
March 7 collect middle Rio Negro Drainage, (several new streams) night in Durazno
March 8 collect Rio Yi drainage night in Salinas
March 9 Collect Aqua Blancas and Rio Sarandi, night in Salinas
March 10, collect Paso Pache or Maldonado night in Salinas
March 11 Day in Montevideo lunch and shopping
March 12, pack fish and leave for home

fishfarm

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2006
Georgia
www.facebook.com
more about going to Uruguay, Uruguay has one of the best economies in South America , is a safe, fairly modern country, our Guide Felipe Cantera will pick us up at the airport and take care of our every need until we get on the plane to leave for home, He is an expert on all the fish, fauna and flora of the country, a truly amazing guide. Price is all inclusive, Everything is covered except beer, all food, lodging, transport, permits, ect, ect, price will depend on how many people go, since this trip is shorter in duration and closer to Salinas, we will travel less and it will reduce the overall cost. Price depends on how any people go. I'd like a group of 8 to 10 people and we should be in the $1500 a person range, less people and the cost each goes up. Felipe has base cost that must be met. I have gone with as few as 3 people and it was still reasonable priced. I budget $3000 per trip which includes my airfare. I expect for most American and Canadians airfare will be $1000-1200 for this trip. Mine was a little over $1000 right before Christmas, ask questions please!

fishfarm

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2006
Georgia
www.facebook.com
My packing list: Clothes: tshirts, shorts, swim trunks, one pair jeans, light jacket, hat, comfortable shoes, shades
Styros to bring fish back that fit in your suitcases
Fish bags, I like 6 and 8 inch
Rubber bands
Prime-decholrinator
2 Battery powered air pumps and a dozen D cell batteries
Camera and charger
Flashlight and batteries
Water shoes for the river
Fishing pole, small BB weights, small hooks and a few small lures, bobbers
Hand nets
Snorkel and mask
Bug spray
Packing tape for fish boxes
Duct tape, just comes in handy
I take an extra pair of glasses in case something happens to mine
Toiletries
Any meds you need
Phone and charger
Wallet, passport, money, Credit cards
Sharpies
Trash bags, I put all my fish in trash bags in case something leaks on the way home
Print my tickets!
Uruguay has 220 watt current and European plugs, an adaptor can be bought at Radio Shack for a few bucks, computer, camera and phone charges have built in adapters to reduce the wattage
I am taking my laptop this trip, but normally I don't, Felipe will have his with him we can use at night to contact home
Even though Uruguay is a fairly modern safe country, they don’t have stores everything like we are used to, No Walmart or Home Depot to run out to get stuff you forgot

wfex4

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2008
Cape Coral, Fl
Yeah he brought back some sweet fish. Some are still available on aquabid and his Facebook. I picked up some apistos and new gymnogeophagus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store