Used 210 gallon -good buy

Tdogg

Feeder Fish
Aug 29, 2016
Hello, need some opinions regarding purchase of 210 gallon tank. Recently re-siliconed, was still set up couple months ago. Age is unknown possibly 25 years old....300$. Would you be hesitant to purchase assuming good leak test??

Tdogg

Feeder Fish
Aug 29, 2016
Sorry for misleading header-not selling an aquarium just wanted some advice

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I won't pay 300 bucks for a used glass aquarium, with 300 bucks and patience you would get much better/bigger tank on local craiglist.
Notes:
Most of the time big tank are free or sell really cheap cause normal folks won't have space and time to maintain a big tank...not alone try to get it in their house without a need to a break a wall down :p

Reactions: Bill L. and Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I won't pay 300 bucks for a used glass aquarium, with 300 bucks and patience you would get much better/bigger tank on local craiglist.
Notes:
Most of the time big tank are free or sell really cheap cause normal folks won't have space and time to maintain a big tank...not alone try to get it in their house without a need to a break a wall down :p
That is true

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Hello, need some opinions regarding purchase of 210 gallon tank. Recently re-siliconed, was still set up couple months ago. Age is unknown possibly 25 years old....300$. Would you be hesitant to purchase assuming good leak test??
it's a matter of personal preference....how bad do you want it and is it worth it to YOU? Anyone's opinion on here may vary, but what it boils down to is not how THEY feel about it, because ultimately it's your decision. Where are you located? Location and availability might be factor to consider.

Reactions: fishnatics

AZ Red

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2016
At face value, it seems like a deal to me, if the glass is pretty. Although I can recognize the bargain price, I'm still stuck by Petco's $1/gal promotion that they do once or twice a year, so the condition of the glass really is my deciding factor in a used aquarium.

My first thought about age are:
1) Things today aren't made like they were, so I'm hesitant of newer tanks more than 5-7yrs old, given that I would like to get another 5-10yrs out of it.
2) On the same note, something of the age you are considering that has been maintained and in regular use is probably still of high quality.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store