Vallisneria – The One Plant Wonder.

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
haha i'm just bad with plants in general. the vals were the first to melt away out of all the other plants i have in a 12gal nano. dunno. cant be the soil either cuz i use those fancy ADA aquasoil . o well... good luck to all of u guys :D

wmpaul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2010
uk
i have vallisneria in my cherries breeding tank and its amazing. i started with about 10 plants 4 months ago. i have just sold 40 plants and still have loads left in my tank.

the shrimp love it and i do nothing special to keep it alive.

CoryWM

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Everett, Washington
www.tankgeek.com
wmpaul;4830956; said:
i have vallisneria in my cherries breeding tank and its amazing. i started with about 10 plants 4 months ago. i have just sold 40 plants and still have loads left in my tank.

the shrimp love it and i do nothing special to keep it alive.

Vals melt with the use of flourish excel if you were using that. Liquid co2 source. Also other companies make it also. But yeah it'll melt them down to the ground in about a day.

wmpaul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2010
uk
CoryWM;4831322; said:
Vals melt with the use of flourish excel if you were using that. Liquid co2 source. Also other companies make it also. But yeah it'll melt them down to the ground in about a day.
i dont use anything. just put them in my tank and they grew no help needed

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
I've never tried them, but you've got me thinking about it. They look so nice I just assumed they required expensive tricks to keep alive. So far I've succeeded with hornwort, guppy grass, water lettuce, locally collected elodea, and some kind of amazon sword. Those are basically all the plants that will be alive after China nukes us, so I don't consider myself a green thumb just yet. But maybe a little potted val is in the future.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store