Status
Not open for further replies.

altumz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2012
earf
no body else chimes in...
1 month suspensions for anybody who dares take on the admins!!
lol
lol this is nothing new. few years ago it was even worse. and its why some OG members dont even bother posting anymore especially in the lounge. those who has been here long enough knows how much this site slowed down cuz of certain mods and members bumping heads.

Reactions: Wailua Boy

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
lol this is nothing new. few years ago it was even worse. and its why some OG members dont even bother posting anymore especially in the lounge. those who has been here long enough knows how much this site slowed down cuz of certain mods and members bumping heads.
So, you're basically saying that the good folks who spend their time, sweat and blood for this site, for free, run it into the ground because they put personal issues above their love for our hobby.
That's crazy.
Matter of fact, it's a slap in our face.

Reactions: celebrist

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Not necessarily. I've been in plenty of debates on the site where I had to eat crow. The issue comes with airing in public how the staff conducts personal business with individual members. That's no one else's business and is in the TOS to not post in such a manner.
I usually agree with you oddball, but all due respect if he chooses to voice a personal concern, why should site admin punish him if they have nothing to hide about their dealings? Obviously not a matter of transparency, pharaoh posted just as much of the personal interaction 2 posts down as OP did, which I see nothing wrong with besides that due to your post before it seems hypocritical. Mainly don't see any problem with pharaohs post either because OP chose to post it first, which i think is fine in turn because its his concern.

Most here realize you are doing this for basically nothing, which most appreciate, I just think it's a bit like aquascape lately deleting negative feedback posts. He was easily disproven by pharaohs post and now comes off looking like an idiot, don't you think a month ban is a bit harsh? I don't even know the guy, but I'm willing to bet from the way he writes the smart people on this forum would have figured out he isn't as credible as you pretty quickly even if pharaoh didn't out him.

Just my opinion, don't have a horse in this race.

Reactions: Wailua Boy

altumz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2012
earf
So, you're basically saying that the good folks who spend their time, sweat and blood for this site, for free, run it into the ground because they put personal issues above their love for our hobby.
That's crazy.
Matter of fact, it's a slap in our face.
who the hell sweats using this forum? mind blown! must be someone thats obese and never works out in their life to sweat on a site like this. do you sweat when you're on this forum? and not sure if you know how to read. i said certain mods, not ALL mods. there are some good mods that isnt as strict and cooler then other mods here.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
who the hell sweats using this forum? mind blown! must be someone thats obese and never works out in their life to sweat on a site like this. do you sweat when you're on this forum? and not sure if you know how to read. i said certain mods, not ALL mods. there are some good mods that isnt as strict and cooler then other mods here.
You're going to be banned!!!!! Haha

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
I'm pretty sure the people who built the site have sweat quite a bit. But Li is just going to use his son to simply dispatch you while you're busy being a keyboard warrior.

But while we're questioning abilities I'm going to ask why you can't type "earth" and "because".

Last edited:
Reactions: FishNCash

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
I usually agree with you oddball, but all due respect if he chooses to voice a personal concern, why should site admin punish him if they have nothing to hide about their dealings? Obviously not a matter of transparency, pharaoh posted just as much of the personal interaction 2 posts down as OP did, which I see nothing wrong with besides that due to your post before it seems hypocritical. Mainly don't see any problem with pharaohs post either because OP chose to post it first, which i think is fine in turn because its his concern.

Most here realize you are doing this for basically nothing, which most appreciate, I just think it's a bit like aquascape lately deleting negative feedback posts. He was easily disproven by pharaohs post and now comes off looking like an idiot, don't you think a month ban is a bit harsh? I don't even know the guy, but I'm willing to bet from the way he writes the smart people on this forum would have figured out he isn't as credible as you pretty quickly even if pharaoh didn't out him.

Just my opinion, don't have a horse in this race.
This situation is quite different then the situation with Aquascape, IMO. In Aquascapes case they didn't do what was required of them. The result was they received poor reviews which they tried to hide. In both instances they where wrong. In this case the only one who did anything wrong was wilson4.

Wilson4 violated TOS, a contract he agreed to when he joined the site; which included having actions taken against him if he committed violations. Pharaohs explains that this isn't the only thread wilson4 created about this same situation. Since wilson4 didn't like the answers his other TOS violating threads got he continued to post new ones. How many times should he have been allowed to violate TOS before an action was taken? How many times should he have been allowed to tell his side alone before a Mod/Admin finally gave partial disclosure in an attempt to explain his one sided posts?

MFK is a free site and I don't really think obeying the Terms Of Service is asking too much. Nor do I think it's fair to compare someone violating TOS and the repercussions for said actions to Aquascape taking money for a product they failed to deliver and trying to hid that fact. MFK's TOS including Vendor status is readily available for anyone to see. So I don't see how MFK is hiding anything except wilson4's rep by not making a public display as to the reasons he's being asked to apply for Vendor status.

altumz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2012
earf
I'm pretty sure the people who built the site have sweat quite a bit. But Li is just going to use his son to simply dispatch you while you're busy being a keyboard warrior.

But while we're questioning abilities I'm going to ask why you can't type "earth" and "because".
who r u? the grammar police? lol @ u thinking i kare wut u think bout my spellingz. just LOL dis iznt inglish 101. lol @ bringing li's kid into this just lol. wut r u...12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store