Vendors: What is the most efficient way to make some earnings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koliveira

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2005
Atascadero CA
www.undertheamazon.com
FISH ROOM PLUS;677733; said:
do you realize the cost in shipping a fish??
o2 tank
02 regulator
hose
o2 gas
foam boxes
tape
bags
tie straps
tranquill
heat packs/ cold pack

Travel back & forth to the airport, gas tolls, time
I do agree with you. It is no get rich quick business. There are so many thing that can go wrong. Just when you feel like you are getting ahead something horrible happens. Usually due to shipment mishandled by an a-hole delivery man. One bad shipment can reck your week.

Shipping costs are not cheap. I do not charge much for packing materials and everyone ( a good amount anyway) will complain about shipping costs. There is no money made on shipping but may seem to have the idea that we pad the cost.

This business is a hard road and takes much time and dedication to make it work out. Another big problem is we may find something super rare. Then not be able to sell it because someone else aquires some and is selling at 10.00 above cost. Really kills profit margin and unfortunately, It is the breaks with this business.

Good luck to anyone who wish to take on the beast. If you do you will soon understand what is being said here.

Kory

rkc772

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Southern California 91744
"Koliveira" and "Fish Room Plus" are correct. Honestly (based on saltwater fish wholesale), the fish is cheap as in cheap, what eats up the bulk of expense is shipping, and all sorts of misc. things needed. And that is not yet counting DOAs!:irked: Customs alone is around $250 and up (comming from a different country)! either you ship one box or more... and if it is exotic fish like dats and large fish... you're looking at shipping a lot of water and takes up space. Fish is still profitable but it wil not make you millions of dollars, well established sellers and new well educated sellers are the people who knows the first hand experience of the business. And besides... exotic expensive fish are not profitable... why... because we are not the majority of fish keepers.:( who will buy a $250-$500 for one fish? only a few... of us. the bread and butter of fresh water fish are more simple community fish that regular fish keepers like, i don't need to say what fish they are you guys know what it is.

I'll cut this off, but I want to praise the people who have delivered great quality fish for the hobbiest. We have community sellers and they have proven themselves well enough to get the respect we need to give them. :D Now this is my opinion.... if you do not agree on it, sorry if I made my statement.:(

FishSkins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
mother earth
FISH ROOM PLUS;677738; said:
how is it well made up??/
When I ship airport to airport, The seller makes 0$. I ask for a whole $3 for supplies. Sometime I loss when I ship fed-ex, its not cheap!
I worked for Dolphin INTL i do understand

FishSkins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
mother earth
FISH ROOM PLUS;677738; said:
how is it well made up??/
When I ship airport to airport, The seller makes 0$. I ask for a whole $3 for supplies. Sometime I loss when I ship fed-ex, its not cheap!
you should make nothing on shipping hopefully your making the one who wants pay of it...air is best .... i also just thought of a few other things you said
F fed X
i want to comment more but i wont and you know damm well you can pay 3 cents a damsel
most death is covered some times not

FishSkins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
mother earth
i mean i can pay 8 dollars for a elec blue dempsy Y is this ?

koliveira

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2005
Atascadero CA
www.undertheamazon.com
FishSkins;677836; said:
i mean i can pay 8 dollars for a elec blue dempsy Y is this ?
If you are buying direct from importer such as dolphin 8.00 is about right. One thing about dolphin int. They have a 1,000.00 minimum and I can't find a grand worth of stuff I want from Dolphin. So most will buy from another party who will sell smaller amounts and we get another mark up. So 8.00 bucks is possible but not likely even for us.

One thing about importing fish yourself. The airline charge a 100kilo minimum. So you need to make sure you meet that because you pay at least 4.25 a kilogram. Also customs broker are 250.00 and on top of all that Fish&wildlife fees. Oh yeah, gas time pain and freakin sssstrrrrrreeeeeeeeessssssss!!!!!!

On salt water. Most of the exporter do no guarantee SW shipments. So if that go wrong. We are out big time. Some SA wild caught exports same deal. There is some gambling involved

Kory

AQUATiC213ZOMBiE

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2006
On The WestCoast
Fish Vendors or anyone that sells fishes.

Will get a type of fish that no one has, but is looking for and up the prices evil, and ppl that really want em will still buy.
Supply And Demand.

Or find a Super Cheap Wholesaler and get paid.

but thats only my opinion~

iN My Honest Opinion.

:D :D :D :D :D Just Sell Drugs. :D :D :D :D :D
ever seen "Weeds" ?

"Drugs Sell Themselves...." -Black Lady

now remember~
:naughty: beware of those Pigs~!

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

BOTR

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2006
The point is that there is money to be made here. I'm not giving anyone a hard time, but I also dont think a vendor should come out and say that it is impossible to make money. YOU WOULDNT BE SELLING IF YOU COULDN'T MAKE MONEY. Are you makin millions? Hell no. But people can and do make their living off of this hobby. Tough buisness to make it in? Yea, but what isn't? I love the vendors here and have bought from many of you, but the bottom line is that you are vendors. You make money. How and why would you deny it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store