Very confused freshie trying to get an idea on what he needs for a 125g FOWLR (HELP!)

Diogenes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Heathd;4271321; said:
You can build a sump with little or no power tools, and once you do some reading on them, they are super easy to design and build. Also, compared to the cost of buying one, its deff worth while.
cool I'll look into it thanks.

BAYOU boy 437

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
louisana
for you to be able to keep all the fish you listed the minium tank size would be a 180 but i would get a 200gal just to be sure. for the best filtraiton you will need a sump... i recomend a good skimmer... to handle the bioload... maybe two powerheads... a algae magnet.... thts all i can think of off the top of my head ill post some sights later for you where you can purchase sumps skimmers etc.

any ques u can p.m. me hope u like my input and welcome to saltwater my freind

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
Diogenes;4271156; said:
well the wife wants a puffer and I want a trigger. Seeing as how I'll be the one buying all this and taking care of it, if the puffer gets raped it's just too bad.
Shame on you!!! :(

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
I would recommend a sump for filtration. I would also recommend a skimmer, i think that AquaC makes some of the best for the price www.proteinskimmer.com

You are going to want a skimmer tank with this heavy of a bio-load for sure in my opinion.

I would also recommend getting the biggest tank you possibly can. The angels you want get HUGE, and might even have a hard time turning around in a standard 125g. More room is always better anyways.

Diogenes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Pufferpunk;4272985; said:
Shame on you!!! :(
I know I know...

to be perfectly honest though, in my wife's old marine tank she kept a spiny and a humu together in a 55 without incident. Thus my cavalier attitude in this regard.

FLESHY;4273594; said:
I would recommend a sump for filtration. I would also recommend a skimmer, i think that AquaC makes some of the best for the price www.proteinskimmer.com

You are going to want a skimmer tank with this heavy of a bio-load for sure in my opinion.

I would also recommend getting the biggest tank you possibly can. The angels you want get HUGE, and might even have a hard time turning around in a standard 125g. More room is always better anyways.
If I have to rule out angels I will, but I will buy the biggest tank I can find.

Thanks everybody for all the info. I feel like an aquarium noob all over again. :cry:

Does any one know a good link for a DIY sump made out of rubbermade containers?

fishy12

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
ohio
Just don't over stock the tank. Get what you like but don't over do it.

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
I wasn't dissing you for keeping a trigger & porc, just your attitude about the nice fishy getting harassed to death. Actually, your idea of as Niger is spot on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store