Vittatus African Tiger Fish | Deezus

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
He's currently in a 300. I have a 360 (8x3) when the time comes. I saw your vittatus too, pretty impressive. I'm thinking about adding a dorado in the near future. I saw that one episode on River Monsters about the golden dorado, and they made the fish seem so mean. Makes me a little iffy about getting one.
How old is your Vatf? What's the footprint of the 300?

My big Vittatus is hideous compared to yours..... I've got a pretty neat little one, but my love of ATF will always revolve around Tatf.

Dorado can be aurnry, no doubt. My advice would be to seek out a TRUE Brasiliensis. Mine seem much more tolerant of tankmates then my Franciscanus.

Deezus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Connecticut
How old is your Vatf? What's the footprint of the 300?

My big Vittatus is hideous compared to yours..... I've got a pretty neat little one, but my love of ATF will always revolve around Tatf.

Dorado can be aurnry, no doubt. My advice would be to seek out a TRUE Brasiliensis. Mine seem much more tolerant of tankmates then my Franciscanus.
I will be sure to contact you with some more questions if i ever decide to pull the trigger on a dorado

Its in an 8'x2'x30" High. And it is close to a a year and 10 months old

I31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2007
omni
Nice tigerfish, I'd be careful with adding a Dorado, they can be very aggressive and cause alot of stress.

Deezus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Connecticut
Here is an update on my Vatf he's probably around 13" eyeballed and eats absolutely everything i throw in the tankIMG_6367-2.jpg

IMG_6367-2.jpg

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
My dorado was a handful, to say the least. One of the most aggressive fish I've ever owned. Hard to imagine it staying in with anything else. Took shots at anything else that showed a piece of its body to the dorado.

Deezus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Connecticut
Yeah i scrapped the idea of adding a dorado I don't want to take any chances I am gonna start adding more tank mates though, so far thinking about an african tarpon to go with my indo tarpon, and an armatus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store