Vulture cat

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Hi all
So in my quest for a cat I have come across some 5" Vultures
Very tempted but read some varying comments although most seem quite favourable. Anyone have any comments about these cats?
I would grow this to around 10" in my sump before adding to my Ray's and Bichirs etc.
Cheers

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi all
So in my quest for a cat I have come across some 5" Vultures
Very tempted but read some varying comments although most seem quite favourable. Anyone have any comments about these cats,
I would grow this to around 10" in my sump before adding to my Ray's and Bichirs etc.
Cheers[/QUOTE

isde02 isde02

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Is there anything else in the tank besides the Rays and bichirs? Id worry about the Rays personally. Only thing I've read about vulture cats is sometimes something can set off a feeding behavior and they might end up feeding on a tankmate a little.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Is there anything else in the tank besides the Rays and bichirs? Id worry about the Rays personally. Only thing I've read about vulture cats is sometimes something can set off a feeding behavior and they might end up feeding on a tankmate a little.
Yes there are gars, wide bar SD, tin foils and big clown loaches

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
What would you like to know?

We don't know what you've read and how much you've read and where it came from.

They are easy, hardy, fun, inquisitive, quirky, active, not fussy with food. They like shoaling, the downside of the shoaling is it emboldens them, they say, but I've had a 6-pack for over a year now and they have been good, not taking down tank mates in their 4500 gal although they could.

Grew from 3"-4" to 12"-18".

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Anyone else???
I'm ordering this morning so let's see how it goes
How many are you getting? My experience has only been with individual vultures. I've had vultures with bichir, hoplias, sd's, cichla, datnoids, gars...etc. and have never had any issues. With 3+ vultures they will behave more like a pack. The feeding behavior that was mentioned does happen as they mature and grow larger. Is there anyone in your tanks that are getting bullied on?

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
What would you like to know?

We don't know what you've read and how much you've read and where it came from.

They are easy, hardy, fun, inquisitive, quirky, active, not fussy with food. They like shoaling, the downside of the shoaling is it emboldens them, they say, but I've had a 6-pack for over a year now and they have been good, not taking down tank mates in their 4500 gal although they could.

Grew from 3"-4" to 12"-18".
That's about all I need to know for now thanks!
I have one coming today so will update later

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store