Waiting for a letter to be delivered??

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
The eternal unbalance between state owned and inneficient companies and private, profit oriented companies, not all eficinet though....

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
All I ever get are bills and junk mail. If we had a "do not mail" list for junk mail they could deliver it all working one day a week. I wonder how much it costs us every year to process/deliver mail (junk mail) no one wants. Every day I go from the mail box stright to the recycle can, it's a waste.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
All I ever get are bills and junk mail. If we had a "do not mail" list for junk mail they could deliver it all working one day a week. I wonder how much it costs us every year to process/deliver mail (junk mail) no one wants. Every day I go from the mail box stright to the recycle can, it's a waste.

Likewise. Jt is a pity we cannot do that with the bills!

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
That's a good point. Most of my important stuff is paperless. I don't trust the USPS enough to handle important mail and documents. 95% of what I pull out of the mailbox goes straight into the trash. I only look out for packages of stuff I've bought online. We need to get away from this archaic system of paper, letters, stamps and checks. We are behind the times. We need to get more into electronic payments and digital correspondence. Cut out the unnecessary garbage. Raise the prices of stamps to give people the incentive to stop with the paper.

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
And perhaps the fact that so many people would rather send an E-something rather than a letter might have more to do with losses than inefficiency. Of course being required to fund pensions for a ridiculous amout of time might be a contributing factor as well. Go ahead and privatize, see how much Fedex or UPS will charge to deliver that letter.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
Go ahead and privatize, see how much Fedex or UPS will charge to deliver that letter.
That's why I said it's unsustainable, the whole organization. Only a government service can operate with billions in losses year after year. But what will happen to these losses? The effects of that massive deficit will be felt soon or later. You can't just sweep these losses under the government rug. It's gonna catch up eventually. Maybe the answer is charging a few bucks to mail a letter, because we all know that's what UPS or FedEx would charge. Yeah it's nice to only pay 40 cents to mail a letter but that's not realistic with today's costs of employing thousands of people.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
i'm just posting here to support jose's av

but my brother is a mailman. so I knew this was coming already.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store