wake up call

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
imo he will prob only get a foot in a 75 and stop growing and be stunted, so as soon as you can get him into that 200 do it, it will be worth it. why not just put him in the pond instead tho?? can we see the pond?? it will be alot warmer by the time he outgrows the 75 so he should do great in a pond. he will color up alot better as he grows too, looks good tho.

dovii88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
rhode island of course
he wont stop growing in a 75 he may slow down but wont stop...animals and all organisms grow with the rate that there cells reproduce with fish the cells grow faster and expand with good water quality and a high quality food source..so as long as he keeps the tank clean and feeds rigth..the dovii could get 20 inches possibly

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
dovii88;629224; said:
he wont stop growing in a 75 he may slow down but wont stop...animals and all organisms grow with the rate that there cells reproduce with fish the cells grow faster and expand with good water quality and a high quality food source..so as long as he keeps the tank clean and feeds rigth..the dovii could get 20 inches possibly
true but if he put the fish larger tank when it hit 12in it would prob keep growing at the same rate it was growing at from 6-12in. i just dont want the fish to have so slow down its growth and in the end not meet its full potential. i agree with you but i think the growth rate will have been slowed down if the fish is 18-20in in a 75, it might take 4-5 months for the dovii to hit 12-15in but then take another 6 months to hit 18in. anybody following me?

dovii88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
rhode island of course
i understand wat your saying.....he wont meet his potential if hes in the 75 but he sure isnt gonna get sick or die cause of it...but i believe that large cichlids said that he will be upgrading in the next months to come so the dovii will have a bigger tank soon..

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
last i heard he was upgrading in 9 months, that was my concearn in the first place.

dovii88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
rhode island of course
yeah but in that nine month period a new tank could come along....so lets not doubt the guy lets just...wait and see the dovii will be fine in there for the upcoming months..lets not start an off topic...

REC

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2005
Seattle Area
I hate to be a source of bad news but that dovii looks like a female. I've grown out several dovii to about 10" and I've never seen a male show that much yellow. All the females I had looked exactly like yours. Well at least you don't have to worry about getting such a huge tank, that female will be fine in a 75.

dovii88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
rhode island of course
Well, a certain expert on the subject told me that I could fit a Caquetaia Umbriferum comfortably in a 75 gallon. :D

TheMightyOscar

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
New York
thats a nice looking dovii

i agree on it looking more like a female..

i hope he grows to full size with you, they're awesome fish

good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store