WAL injured from jump?

ypsigon

Gambusia
Sep 4, 2017
3 days ago I moved my 16" west african lungfish from a 55gal to a 150gal. He was doing well the first two days, then yesterday morning I woke to find he'd escaped the tank and was on the floor :(
I put him back in the water and for the last day he's been sluggish, but he is eating and coming up to breathe, so hopefully he is recovering. However I've noticed that anytime he's resting, his back is always arched in a way it's never been before. Every time he gets up, he straightens back out, but whenever he rests he ends up in the same position. I'm wondering if he got some kind of injury in his escape? It's a 5 foot drop from the lip of the tank to the wood floor...
Anyone ever seen/experienced something like this? It's only been a day and a half since the incident so I will continue to monitor
20240327_192002.jpg 20240327_192040.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
3 days ago I moved my 16" west african lungfish from a 55gal to a 150gal. He was doing well the first two days, then yesterday morning I woke to find he'd escaped the tank and was on the floor :(
I put him back in the water and for the last day he's been sluggish, but he is eating and coming up to breathe, so hopefully he is recovering. However I've noticed that anytime he's resting, his back is always arched in a way it's never been before. Every time he gets up, he straightens back out, but whenever he rests he ends up in the same position. I'm wondering if he got some kind of injury in his escape? It's a 5 foot drop from the lip of the tank to the wood floor...
Anyone ever seen/experienced something like this? It's only been a day and a half since the incident so I will continue to monitor
View attachment 1538555 View attachment 1538556
Possibly injured hopefully it recovers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store