!!!!!!!wal-mart petition fish department!!!!!!!!

Twigg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2010
Owasso, OK
There appear to be some very odd, if common, attitudes being displayed in a thread that was supposed to be about encouraging good animal husbandry.

Quite why ANYONE thinks this is a bad idea is beyond me. Y'all are supposed to be decent and responsible fishkeepers, and good husbandry, and the support of good pratctice is a no-brainer.

As for the petition ....

It is correct to suggest that the petition, of itself, will have little or no impact on Walmart. That said, what the organising of such things does do is raise the awareness of matters of concern among the wider public. A petition here, a protest there and before you know it there is an organised campaign under way ... a campaign that indeed might have an impact in Bentonville.

So good job to the OP .... and shame on those who pour scorn on a very worthy undertaking.

The more I read, the more I come to understand that age is no substitute for a little understanding that attempts to go beyond "self".

Now move along .... nuttin' happening here :)

CCC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2010
USA
If people were to unite about something concerning Walmarts fish department it should be toward fixing the problem. In my view this means they gotta hire people that actually know about fish, someone there the entire shift, not in gardening or hardware if you need them for whatever reason. Someone that knows there stuff and should be rightfully running this department. Actually most Wallys are 24 hr now so each one would need at least 4 people with this knowledge to ensure these animals are taken care of proper all the time.
Such expierence would call for a greater starting wage I'd be willing to bet. If you really pushed this matter odds are Walmart would rather abandon it's fish endevors versus hiring such people at every fish selling location.
There Blood parrots are a sweet deal though, I got one and it has lasted me forever and he is getting nice and big, also I get all my placos from there and they have good deals on African Cichlids.
thing is if they stopped dealing with fish what would they do with their unsold stock?

In any event the starving Placo pisses me off and that particular location should be reported for animal neglect. Also inform the stores manager and him only no sub managers the big boss.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store