Walking Catfish Diseases

BMaxie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Just wondering what may be wrong with my two 14" Walking Catfish. I have only had them for a few days and the one is getting very rashy, red skin.
No idea what this could be as I am a beginner fish keeper and have only been doing this for a few years. Any advice would help me out a lot, also the one who has it the worst seems to just lay right on his side most of the time.

I have uploaded a few photos I took with my phone, they are not very good photos but hope someone can help me out please.

IMG-20120603-00250.jpg

IMG-20120603-00252.jpg

The.Kid9

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2012
House
srry bro cant help...but i hope others can help u on ur problem..

Sunthra Dass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2010
Malaysia
I feel your tank water temp dropped lower, then they felt comfortable with. Around 81 'F is the best, for walking catfish.. Another possibility is some other fish in the tank is picking on their sensitive skin. Hope that helps

BMaxie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2011
Thanks, I had a Red Devil breeding pair in the tank until today I took them out. The male was very aggressive to the Catfish so may be the reason, let's hope they get better. I been doing water changes and raised the temp a bit.

BMaxie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2011
UPDATE:
It has gotten worse, the other catfish got better but the one that had it worse is pretty much melting away. Not sure what it could be, any info could help. I will get some updated photos up soon as I can. But it seems to have rotted I guess you could say past his skin onto the inside, pretty much has 2 big gashes on each side of him.
I was gone for a few days and returned to it being worse.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store