Walmart had a big sale!!! Major load warning

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
Wait if u add some lizards won't the caimen mess with them ? Great setup by the way! How big is your caimen? Since it's a female how big will she get?

kittyhazelton

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2007
Upper Valley VT/NH
I very much like this setup. Excellent job and very happy looking little angry beast :)
I'm looking to move into a larger house that will be able to allow me to build an enclosure like this for Prada (though not sure how the live plants would work with alligators being a lot heavier) but it is a great setup to inspire any gator/croc keeper.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Nice pictures and nice set up Lep.How about a turtle or two?

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
Looks good man!

Let's start taking bets on how long it takes till he has to replace all the plants because they died.
I will put $5 on 2 months.
:D

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
lol, chris. They should do just fine. I hope. Got a great deal on them. I have some plants that require very high light in there and they are doing just fine. Not growing a ton but they are alive.

krich, i plan on adding a turtle or two. Just gotta find the right kind for the right price.

Kitty, TY!! thats very nice thing to say. I was hoping to inspire some. Too often do i look on youtube and see enclosures way too plain or just way to damn small. I got vids on there and hopefully they will be spread about.

Richie, ty but may i ask why? lol.

zfishies, yeah Claudia may eat a lizard or two, which is why i want/hope that they will breed. More plants means more cover which gives me a better chance of them breeding/surviving. Im still not done adding plants. Not even close :naughty:

there already is a bunch of small insects in there. So many stupid spiders in there. Need something to num num them.

Sylvias

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2010
Somewhere
mini ecosystems for the win! add a couple crickets and im sure they will reproduce all on their own lol.. .throw in some anoles and something like neon tree dragons to eat thecrickets, in something like that they will probably reproduce as well. couple gecko species and/or tree frogs to be alive at night. hell could even throw some finches in there and an arboreal snake or two

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
lol. finches??? that might be going overboard, but i have considered that if the anoles and geckos start reproducing too much, ill throw in a vine snake and let that take care of a few :naughty:

I am gonna add crickets and prob build something that looks natural to hide a small culture of fruit flys. dunno about that part. Ill have to see what i put in there and if it is needed. there already is tons of small insects and spiders.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store