Wanting to set up a saltwater tank???

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
ohhhh, no no no, sorry missunderstod the question. The t-5 lights are a whole new design in lighting. They use smaller pin connecters, should use individual reflectors and a high output ballast. If you were interested in this type of setup then just spend the money. In the amount of time the lights will work for you and a total dollar of electricity, the unit will have paid itself off maybe 10 times over lol.

If you have a tank that is 36 inches long or greater then the outer orbit pro series is a nice series to look at. They work great for a marketed piece of equiptment. I do DIY most of the time because you can customize the look and place ment of the bulbs depending on where you need them most, and still end up with even lighting.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
Bre;1657407; said:
I don't know??? Is a symbiotic pair better? What are the names of the ones that go together?

well ther are watchman gobies that will pair up with a pistol shrimp and live in the same burrow...
or like any kind of goby and a cleaner shrimp or something...

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
exact same as mentioned earlier. T-5 HO. Are you keeping corals or fish only?? If you keeping just fish, then just get regular T-5. These will be brighter then standard flouros but wont grow as a wide range in corals. If its a FOWLR setup then reg. t5's should do the trick. But you wouldnt even need to spend money and just keep your regular lighting as is. Its all bout what your trying to do lol.

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
Is there any type of corals I could keep with 2 10 watt compact fluorescent bulbs?

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
soft corals mainly. Button polyps, most any kind mushroom (some may need to be kept higher in the tank) sun corals like shaded areas so they would work good, some leathers may end up doing good in that tank as well. I wouldnt get anything huge but you should be able to purchase frags of a leather.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store