Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
lol

laziest state/federal agents on the planet.

spend a few days going thru shops in little saigon, chinatown, hell, any area with a large population of asian people and you'll find fish illegal to own in the united states.

instead, these lazy pigs would rather sit at a desk and bust people via the internet. and per the article they're even too lazy to even bust the people selling illegal items...instead they just send them an email telling them to stop.

just ridiculous.
What makes selling illegal items on the Internet any less important than checking in person? How is it so wrong that they gave them a chance to pull the ads before they busted them? Seems kinda nice to me.

papawoody

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
up in here
www.myspace.com
I feel bad for the kid with the piranha . Not on the same level as the other endangered stuff imo ...

And by the way , those agents do go into fish stores in my area . I was in one recently and they were busting the guy for having illegal eels right as i walked in .

pseudodoras

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2007
san diego
i wonder what happens to the fish when someone gets busted ? do they let the guy take it back home or kill it or put it in thier own tank ??

rclark12

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2009
new jersey
it's a shame it needs to be illegal, they are beautiful fish, (snake heads I can understand), lets face it they are all over america. You can't stop the trade, in some places they aren't even hard to buy! I think they should lift the ban I would love to have an rtg or any asian aro really

but as mentioned............. 20 billion a year thats nuts, people will take alot of risks for the big bucks

rclark12

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2009
new jersey
^ thats what I mean, I've never owned them but there are plenty of people over here on the east coast that have, and rays are legal so no harm there. As long as there is a demand for things they will be around, drugs and weapons too. Unfortunately its the way it is, the feds should let us keep asian aros and put all their focuse on the drugs and illegal guns

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
i cant freakin stand fish and game , some cases they are good for but when they took my piranhas and said that they could ossibly breed in ca waters i was like wtf the water out here is freezing , and then he gave me an example of how in texas they caught a red belly piranhas , i was like wft there water is warm , and the piranhas i had were black ear priaya which i heard odnt breed in home aquariums, anywayz screw fish and game is what i say no offense

Lusus_Naturae

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2010
OK, USA
What makes it even harder is there are different rules in different states too. I looked at moving to CA once and realized how restricted they are on animals in general - can't even own ferrets out there. I sometimes just don't get it. I also owned a snakehead while in Oklahoma, I bought it here at a LFS back in 1998 and had no idea it was even an issue. I kept it a year or so and traded it in to the same store. Until coming to MFK I had no idea a lot of fish were banned or restricted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store