Water changes on city water?

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Hello; I have already do so. I included the quote in my previous post. I stated that you implied such.
No sir, you bolded a post and made an incorrect assumption. You're in auto defense mode to protect your practice. Labeling something old school is not putting it down. There's lots of practices that were developed in past generations that are practical today. This practice is not one of them, its an unnecessary one.

Unnecessary. Not harmful or stressful to your fish.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
No sir, you bolded a post and made an incorrect assumption. You're in auto defense mode to protect your practice. Labeling something old school is not putting it down. There's lots of practices that were developed in past generations that are practical today. This practice is not one of them, its an unnecessary one.

Unnecessary. Not harmful or stressful to your fish.

Hello; In case you have forgotten what you wrote here is the text. "I could just as easily argue that I've been not treating any of my water and only doing water changes 2-3 timed a year and say its worked for 20 years (which let's be honest, unless I'm keeping sensitive fish can and has been done) but it doesn't make it the most efficient or healthiest form of fish keeping."

I believe the inference is clear. You for some reason associated not chemically treating water with only changing water 2-3 times a year. I do not believe the frequency of water changes was a part of the discussion before. You also stated it as not treating water AND only changing water 2-3 times a year. The implication being they are similar.

The other implication being that the store and age method has worked poorly for the twenty years even thou I claim it has worked well.

All that being an explaination of the way I took your post, I accept that you are trying to clairfy. I do appreciate that you have stated that the practice of store and age is ... "Unnecessary. Not harmful or stressful to your fish."

Good luck to you with what ever methods of fish keeping you use.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I don't think not treating water equates to not doing water changes. Itts just an example of being able to successfully do something over long periods of time doesn't mean it's the most efficient route.

We're just getting further and further off topic. I think we're on the same page big picture wise. See you around the boards

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store