Water changes

viejafish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2013
Northeast
Hey y'all , since bb lives in the media , how come not a lot of people do %100 water changes ? Weekly

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

I could have gone 100% WC weekly if not because my fish need a few inches of water to breath. So each week, I draw down 75% water level, and achieve 80 to 85% WC by volume after substracting rock and substrate. I have been doing it for years, and my fish get used to it, and show no stress at all. I am lucky to have good source of tap water, so all I have to do is to add dechlor before filling. I use two hoses to accelerate draining of my 125 gal.

IMG_4073.jpg

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4070.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I could have gone 100% WC weekly if not because my fish need a few inches of water to breath. So each week, I draw down 75% water level, and achieve 80 to 85% WC by volume after substracting rock and substrate. I have been doing it for years, and my fish get used to it, and show no stress at all. I am lucky to have good source of tap water, so all I have to do is to add dechlor before filling. I use two hoses to accelerate draining of my 125 gal.

Would love to do weekly 75% water changes, but can't afford it, do weekly smaller wc's.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store