Water Cow? Gulper? Or both?

B3RSERKER

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2019
I’ve posted before with questions about a sleeper goby and the care for it, with lots a help and support, I’m wondering now, if a sleeper goby or water cow would be compatible with a gulper catfish as I believe that I saw a picture on here, depicting a setup with such. (I believe it was by SharptoothBass, sorry if I butchered that) I currently have a number of 20 and 40g tanks. I understand that the sleeper should have a much larger tank and was wondering if 75g would suffice? I’ve read multiple threads on Gulpers and have seen that one can suffice in a 40g breeder tank so that should be enough but I worry about the size requirement for the sleeper goby...? Any help would be much appreciated.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d not mix the two. I’d keep it a only gulper tank and not mix the two. 75g would work for either one.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
If by water cow you mean Eleotris picta, I believe a 75 gallon would be too wimpy. Although they are mostly sedentary, when they do move, they use some space.
I have a young one a 180 gallon tank, and it uses the entire tank.
fullsizeoutput_17a5.jpeg
Mine is only about 8", so its only about half grown.
Likes to hunt with face down, or face pointed up among the plants, and can down a5" shrimp.
fullsizeoutput_16f3.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_184a.jpeg

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
I’ve posted before with questions about a sleeper goby and the care for it, with lots a help and support, I’m wondering now, if a sleeper goby or water cow would be compatible with a gulper catfish as I believe that I saw a picture on here, depicting a setup with such. (I believe it was by SharptoothBass, sorry if I butchered that) I currently have a number of 20 and 40g tanks. I understand that the sleeper should have a much larger tank and was wondering if 75g would suffice? I’ve read multiple threads on Gulpers and have seen that one can suffice in a 40g breeder tank so that should be enough but I worry about the size requirement for the sleeper goby...? Any help would be much appreciated.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Seems to be a lot of guessing and bad info on mfk these days. Spotted sleepers and gulped catfish can be housed together. 75 gallon would work 125 would be better.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store