waveline dc pumps

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
You must either be talking about a bigger one or have really expensive electricty. My 1000gph mag costs me about $5 per month, so even if the DC pump was free it'd be years to pay off.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
You must either be talking about a bigger one or have really expensive electricty. My 1000gph mag costs me about $5 per month, so even if the DC pump was free it'd be years to pay off.

Mags are the most inefficient pumps going. If you use a pump for 30 years it will add up...... And I keep Beani and ornatum ..... Watts equals heat....... In Orlando, it's easier and more cost effective to find a pump that fits yours needs and skip a chiller...... And save $$$

Up to you how you want to go about it. My choice is the cheapest route, which are dcs.....

bro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Fresno, CA
I've been running a waveline 12000 through a pleated spa filter (as opposed to just a return pump with Lowhead pressure) for over a year without issue. Still running strong.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I have 2 jebao dc 12000 pumps. Nice pumps so far I have not owned them for a super long time. One is running my 400 with alright flow.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

MakuCentauri

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
Australia
I'm using a Waveline DC pump on one of my tanks - I think they're great - no noise and no problems at all. I liked the one I got so much I bought a second one on special just to have a spare in case I need it. Definitely recommend these.

zukiGS500

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2009
Mke
I was one of those people that had one of the old versions of the pump go bad. Had a waveline dc5000 that started randomly turning off for a minute or so until it finally wouldn't start anymore. From what I understand there was some controller chip that was built into the pump housing that went bad, and they have moved that chip to the external controller for the newer versions. (dc4000,6000,12000)

I believe the diablo pumps are the old versions of the waveline pumps so I would do alot of research before purchasing one of those. (I just looked at the speedwaves and those also look like the old version)

I did get mine replaced under warranty and since they had discontinued the dc5000, they replaced it with the 6000. I'm really enjoying the 30 minute feed timer on the 6000 vs the 10 minute on the 5000.

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I have two Speedwaves. The oldest is maybe 8 months old. Completely silent. Slow start up. I think they are great! I wish they made some pond size pumps too. I hope they are long lasting. I have back ups of Lagunas and MagDrives.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I'm using the new Reef Octopus Diablo dc5500 and love it.

55 watts and silent. Still a new design but so far I really like it

How big are your tanks? I would like to try a dc pump on my 600

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Had some wavelines for almost a year and a bit now, still silent and running fine... many of the same model as what I use did have issues though but I seemed to have been lucky for the price very happy as the draw is second to none.

the new models look great just not happy with the price, massive jump but thats why I am very happy the 10,000s I got still work fine :D
I was one of those people that had one of the old versions of the pump go bad. Had a waveline dc5000 that started randomly turning off for a minute or so until it finally wouldn't start anymore. From what I understand there was some controller chip that was built into the pump housing that went bad, and they have moved that chip to the external controller for the newer versions. (dc4000,6000,12000)

I believe the diablo pumps are the old versions of the waveline pumps so I would do alot of research before purchasing one of those. (I just looked at the speedwaves and those also look like the old version)

I did get mine replaced under warranty and since they had discontinued the dc5000, they replaced it with the 6000. I'm really enjoying the 30 minute feed timer on the 6000 vs the 10 minute on the 5000.
I read an article saying royal exclusive and waveline are the the only two that have their own original design and that the other companies pumps are based off of the first gen waveline pumps.

Still haven't found anything to change my plan of getting the waveline but I've been working a lot of overtime and haven't researched as much as I would have liked as of yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store