Weird drowth/fungus on ray?

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
What's left around her eye looks pretty fuzzy, like a fungus. I just don't know why it looked so yellow...

Also, I can't see to get better pics. My camera sucks taking closeup pics like that. But I'll keep trying.

I'm going to add a little over 1 pound more salt to the water. That'll give me a little over 2 lbs in 125g. Hopefully between that, the increased heat, and the fresh water, the fungus will decide to get itself gone...

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
use the macro setting....it the button with a little flower

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
I think my camera just sucks, and she won't cooperate. Either she won't stop moving, or she has her nose plastered against the front glass and the angle makes her look all blurry.

This is probably the best shot I'll get:

038.JPG

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
I've been trying both my camera and my gf's, and I just can't get a pic that is clear enough to show it.

Anyway, got home today, and the fungus looking stuff has darkened to a medium to dark brown. She is also breathing a little faster, and doesn't seem very interested in food. Seems to be worse off than last night. :irked:

Are you sure there aren't any meds I can go ahead and try? Or will they likely be too much on an already stressed system? I just feel like I need to be doing something besides just adding salt...

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
salt and daily water changes large ones too.. me ill do 4-6 50% water changes and flush my tank when something goes wrong... salt and pristine water for now... did you try the macro setting?

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
I tried just about every setting the camera has. My camera's really been acting up lately. It'll go through a fresh set of batteries after only 30-40 shots :irked:.

I'll try setting up some brighter lighting, maybe that will make a difference.

I'm going to do another water change tonight. She's now developed a couple of dark spots around the edge of her disk, and her left eye actually looks worse. It's completely covered over with fungus now. She's also apparently lost her appetite again, as she is showing no interest in blackworms.

I'm pretty much expecting to wake up tomorrow to a dead ray.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
Another round of pics. Probably the best I can get... and don't bother saying anything about how skinny she is. I'm dumping mounds of blackworms in, and there's live ghost shrimp in the tank. If she wanted to she could be feasting.

The 4th pic, you can really see the discoloration at the edge of the disk (especially from underneath).

Also, are the last two pics death curl? She isn't doing that all the time. That was the first time I noticed it, and she only held the position long enough for me to take the pic...

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

SovietFireExtinguisher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Canada
Oh man..... that is so painful to look at. It must be even worse to be going through it. So sorry for you.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
She pretty much seems to be in full death curl this morning. She is still breathing though. Just not moving around any. I'm sure she'll have passed away by the time I get home from work...:(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store