Weirdest things that have happened on a fishing trip?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Went out on my boat in Erie two years ago fishing with my dad and uncle. My uncle snagged a gigantic rock so we backed up the boat for 10 minutes then realized the rod was moving itself. Another 30 minutes of my dad backing up the boat, my uncle realling in his "rock" and me jumping in the water with a net to get the fish we couldn't get to the surface and he'd caught a 32" 8.5 pound sheaphead on 4 pound line! We considered that fish a team effort since every one of us took a turn at the rod, my dad had to drive without cutting the line of the outer drive, and I had to dive 7 feet in murkier water with a net to grab it!!!

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
That's crazy! The sheepshead fishing is awesome in eerie the teeth or so creepy though haha

Reeled in a snapping turtle that was as wide as a basketball while pike/catfish/bass fishing on some braided 25 lbs test. Thing almost got my foot as I was standing on a rock a few feet off the bank haha managed to get the hook out very carefully. Thought it was a log haha then I saw a head come up.

On the chesapeake I was fishing by kayak off the little choptank alone at like 2 am (targeting sharks) and it was weird because all the light I had were green glow sticks taped to the side so boats could see me. Caught a lot of dogfish and one sand tiger about 3 feet and a ray of some sort, caught a bunch of baby grunters to use as bait before hand etc. Every take was like a "what the hell is this now" feeling until I got it in the glow of the glow sticks haha the sand tiger made me jump as the teeth were the first thing I saw

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store