well, i went to the lfs get tetras....

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Thanks,

yeah just the spotted. Unless hungdang sends me some of his I might not find a spotted. The main supplier(solo) is at his new gig and when he had some I didn't have the funds for them, by that I mean the wife shut me down, again. I got the feelers out so we'll see.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I have spotteds and LNG in the waters where I'm stationed here in MO. If I catch a small SPG this spring I'll keep you in mind! Since I won't be out any money by catching it, if you can figure out a way to get it up there you can have it for cost of transportation. :)

I caught like eight of them last year, all about a foot.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
I have spotteds and LNG in the waters where I'm stationed here in MO. If I catch a small SPG this spring I'll keep you in mind! Since I won't be out any money by catching it, if you can figure out a way to get it up there you can have it for cost of transportation. :)

I caught like eight of them last year, all about a foot.
Nice, I appreciate that. I have found LNG all around me. I am going to check out some more sng spots this year. I may even just go for a drive. I've passed through mo a few times. What do you usually get them on?

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Nice, I appreciate that. I have found LNG all around me. I am going to check out some more sng spots this year. I may even just go for a drive. I've passed through mo a few times. What do you usually get them on?

If I'm actively targeting them I catch them with the frayed rope lure. If I catch one accidentally its normally on live or a rubber crawfish.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg

This is the only picture I've ever taken of one of the smaller ones. You can see why. I suspect they're SPG as thats what the wardens say we have and well, they're covered in spots. Can you tell if they're right from this shot?

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD

This is the only picture I've ever taken of one of the smaller ones. You can see why. I suspect they're SPG as thats what the wardens say we have and well, they're covered in spots. Can you tell if they're right from this shot?
Looks like a spotted. That one is defective...how did you manage to get that one?

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Looks like a spotted. That one is defective...how did you manage to get that one?

Caught him on a Rapala crankbait. Someone cut the poor thing's snout off and tossed it back. I'm guessing to get their hook back. It was clearly starving with how enthusiastically it went after the Rapala. A guy I was fishing with wanted it to make gar balls so that fish's problems were over.

I normally release everything though.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Caught him on a Rapala crankbait. Someone cut the poor thing's snout off and tossed it back. I'm guessing to get their hook back. It was clearly starving with how enthusiastically it went after the Rapala. A guy I was fishing with wanted it to make gar balls so that fish's problems were over.

I normally release everything though.
At least you kept it. I am about 89% release rate. Winter time, or trout or fish food those account for the other percent.

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Tetragator gar

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
At least you kept it. I am about 89% release rate. Winter time, or trout or fish food those account for the other percent.

Yeah I'll keep catfish and trout, but my bass and oddballs are almost always let go. This guy would have been culled regardless. I feel it was a mercy. I'm just happy I had an old Cajun with me who thought it looked tasty lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store