Well, we had a good time while it lasted.

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Reminds me of my Pop too, also makes me feel good about all the time I spend with my son on trips to hockey games and practice. Great stuff. I am one of those people who only keeps fish for therapeutic reasons as well. It's the only place in the world where my wife and kids can't leave all of their crap all over. It's as clean as I leave it, and functions like a zen garden for me. There is order under the water grasshopper, chaos outside.

Reactions: Layne Conitz

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Good luck with everything, and hey after schooling you'll have hopefully a lot more time for fish keeping...

Also, i agree that its definitely a great way to bond, my dad and I are like that whenever we get together, always talking about my fish and sharing thoughts on keeping fish now compared to when he was young... He has now been retired for a while and doesn't keep fish anymore due to health issues, but he still loves coming over to look at my tanks and talk fish with me, even on occasions going out shopping for new fish with me being the "bad influence" telling me to pick up new things for the tank...

Reactions: JDCHSFB69

Layne Conitz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2015
Bismarck, ND
I lost interest after 8th grade....a year after high school I walked into a pet store and bought a 20 gallon for fun. Then a 55. Then a 75. Then another 55. Then a 36 bowfront. and Then a 120 and only expanding. When you have the time, it will come back! Congrats on going to college enjoy it

GyradosOwner

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2014
Columbus, OH
Hey man, it never goes away. There is always time in the future and you can always find a way, creative enough. Good luck in school and always keep an open eye out for how to facilitate the hobby. I promise, there are plenty of avenues to explore.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Concentrate on school for now. The hobby will wait for you to come back 10 fold stronger.

You may be another vincentwugwg vincentwugwg ;)

JDCHSFB69

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Utah
Wow. Your story just reminded me how I miss my Dad. I'm 57 now and he has been gone for several years. In fact his 92nd birthday is just around the corner.
My dad wasn't into aquariums but that story just reminded me of what he meant to me. Stay close. He is your best friend.
Sorry to hear about your Dad. I most certainly will.

JDCHSFB69

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Utah
Thanks for all the support guys! It has been interesting to see what you all have to say:)
If you want to take a look, here is a link to what my tank looked like back when I got into SA cichlids
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/check-out-my-fish.530944/
Also, here is a picture of my favorite fish I ever kept. Its the only fish I actually cried about when it died. Mostly because of how much it cost, but you get the idea haha.

image.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store