What can i feed my arowahnas?

ericntiff

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2010
New York
i just recently perchased 2 silver arowahnas, about 3 weeks ago there about 5 inches long. Rite now ive ben feeding them bloodworms, and Flake food. What else can i feed them to keep them healthy and happy that wont make them sick? much info needed!!!! there very healthy and hapy rite now and know me and await food when its feeding time.

100_0916.JPG

100_0976.JPG

100_0979.JPG

100_0922.JPG

classic-chassis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
Thailand

SiR831

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2009
Marina Ca
I got mines @ 6 inches & i started him off with Hikari Aro Sticks, cichlid bio gold, excel pellets, and crickets. Now that he's 12 inches i added market shrimp to his diet & he seems to enjoy it.

Disaster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2010
SOCAL
Yeah, just use Hikari floating pellets and bloodworms are good too. Also earthworms are very healthy for the arowana.. If you search around there should be a good guide on what to feed them. Also keeping 2 is pretty hard since they do fight.. and it looks like one of their tails is being attacked pretty viciously... Best of luck!

ericntiff

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2010
New York
Yah i had a roket gar in with them, but i took it out cus he was being mean to them, and his fins are almost grown back now its ben a little over 3 weeks since that happened. They are in a 75 gallon tank for now, i fed them crickets today, they loved them, and i think it gave them energy beacuse after they ate them all, they both were swimming around like crazy chasing each other for a while. I hope they stay getting along with each other, they chase each other around but i havent seen too much violent behaviour with them.

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
you can't go wrong with a mixture of pellets and live. i feed mine tilapia, earthworms, fd krill, silversides and a special asian-made arowana pellet, which i use as a staple diet.

ericntiff

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2010
New York
I also fed them rosie reds feeders when i first got them, but reading alot of stuff on here made me deside not to buy feeders any more i dont want to chance them getting a parasite, or getting sick, and i heard there not very nutisious thats why i figured id ask what my options are, thanx for the info i defenetly need the knowledge, I really like my new hobbie and want my fish to be as happy as possable.

ericntiff

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2010
New York
hey i have that tilapia in my freezer!! my friend has ben using that for his fish and they love it, ive ben scared to try it tho, I didnt know if it was ok for sure.

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
ericntiff;4060242; said:
I also fed them rosie reds feeders when i first got them, but reading alot of stuff on here made me deside not to buy feeders any more i dont want to chance them getting a parasite, or getting sick, and i heard there not very nutisious thats why i figured id ask what my options are, thanx for the info i defenetly need the knowledge, I really like my new hobbie and want my fish to be as happy as possable.

In my previous comment, I used the word, "Live," but I don't feed any feeders. I was referring to frozen or freeze-dried foods that were once live. My earthworms are actually alive. You are correct about feeders being disease carriers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store